"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

//

My mirror on the back of my door is covered in sticky notes. Each an idea, a wish, a thought, a hope that I don't want to forget. They surround one theme weighing heavily on my heart these past few months; reflect. I quite literally look in that mirror and see a reflection. A reflection of one year grown, of a life with intention, of living in the now, of recognizing joy.

As I become reacquainted with blogging, I am excited to share my thoughts again with those who bother to read. This month of no blogging was not originally planned, but as time went on and I kept opening a new post draft, the cursor would just blink at me. I wanted to say something, I knew I had something to say, but I was not yet sure how to carefully craft my soul into words. 

So here we are today. This morning, I looked at mirror and the calendar, and felt ready. I'm back and here to pour out my proclamation to the world.

This past month was magnificent in more ways than I could ever describe. It began with a family vacation to my favorite place in the world, was filled with days of little giggles and hundreds of hugs, lots of laughs and dancing with friends, hot afternoons and early mornings trekking up mountains, and feelings of utter contentment.

I saw a quote on Pinterest that has really resonated in my life.


I believe that as you get older, you become more of who you really are, who you're really meant to be. And this is what I know is true:

I am Hannah. 
I am 19 years crazy.
I am a student at the University of Colorado, studying integrative physiology, obsessing over the human body, with the hopes of becoming a doctor.
I am a nanny by day, loving three littles as much as I possibly can, hoping to leave them with memories of magic.
I am a friend to many, near and far, always there to listen, laugh, cry, and be vulnerable with as we make it through each day.
I am a daughter who is so loved, and only wants to show the parents who have loved her thanks and more love.
I am a sister; bossy, annoying, and oh so proud.
I am a memory keeper of all things beautiful, broken, and miraculous. 
I am simply a girl, stringing together the little things, living and loving life. 


I'm happy to be back and here to stay!

xo
Hannah

Tomorrow's post... a favorite hike of mine here in Colorado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment