"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

S/O To Mackenzie

So my bffl/significant other Mackenzie asked me a few months ago to answer these questions for her blog. I had the best time of my life answering each question, laughing out loud all by myself more times than I'd like to admit. 

Basically, she wanted her readers to get to know her, and the people she spends a lot of time with/mentions a lot. As usual, I thought she was brilliant and asked her if I could pretty please copy her. Luckily she said yes, but even if she said no, I still would have did it lol. 

So we will begin with the superstar of the blog, moi! I feel like my true voice (inside my head) really came out while answering these questions so I hope you get to know me a little better! Get ready for a novel folks.


Fake laughing is my thang
One of my all time favorite selfies 
WHAT IS UP WHAT IS UP PARTY PEOPLE. My name is Hannah and I'm so happy you're here to read my opinions and thoughts and word vomit! I'm a natural redhead, so yes I do require more anesthesia, and blue and green look fab on me. You probably think you know who I am but I doubt it. Cue “You Don’t Know Me” by Ben Folds.


So let’s get started. Hannah, 19, Aries. This is my blog, where I sometimes get a little (or a lot) sentimental and emotional and dramatic with my words that I rarely proofread. I have a deep love for cadavers, YouTube surgery videos, cheese and crackers, chocolate sprinkles, Birkenstocks, and babies. You can read a more refined "about me" here

1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Ahhh, such a fun question. Let’s see- ten years from now, I will be 29 and that is absolutely ridiculous. I will (hopefully) have graduated from medical school and have started my residency! At the moment, I’m interested in obstetrics, which will hopefully lead me to maternal-fetal medicine, or gastroenterology. Let’s also hope those student loans magically get paid for. 

I better be married, or else I’ll be living with Mackenzie and her husband+offspring #spinsterforlife

But let’s just hope I am married (please, please Lord), and if thy God answers the prayer of all prayers, I will have a chiclet or two, and live in a house with the with the decor of Anthro+Pottery Barn plus a pantry full of Trader Joe’s snacks and most importantly a room dedicated to Cafe Disco dance parties, with an espresso machine and a disco ball, of course.

2. What is the most important quality you look for in a friend?
Quality? Try qualities. Brown hair, blue eyes, born on February 27, 1996, studies Political Science at CU Boulder, favorite song is “Now is the Start” by A Fine Frenzy, has a wiener dog named Tater. 

But because not everyone is Mackenzie…

An important quality I look for in a friend is solitude. I love someone who likes to spend time together talking, but also likes to be alone. I’m not really into 24/7 hanging out/talking/clinginess, so independence is pretty key. 

Or loyalty, humor, vulnerability, or good personal hygiene. 

3. Favorite book, TV show, song and movie?
I couldn’t just choose one favorite, so I have given you my top two favorite. 

Book: Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! 2007 by Mr. Ripley
 My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Song: “Rack City”  by Tyga
“Now is the Start” by A Fine Frenzy

TV show: Bad Girls Club
The Office or Grey’s Anatomy (everyone has to have a favorite comedy and a favorite drama)

Movie: Shrek the Halls
Cheaper by the Dozen

4. A place you’ve never been to before, but want to visit? 
Compton, CA

Somalia

Believe it or not, I have never been to a Wawa, which is supposed to be this amazing convenience store and I LOVE convenience stores, so I gotta hit one of those up sometime in this life (this is not a joke).  Also, I really want to visit Genovia. The people there seem so welcoming! Plus, I am obsessed with pears, the national food. While I’m across the pond, I would also stop in Rome, Italy. It pains me to admit that I am just another girl who wants to go to Rome, but Lizzie McGuire has always been my favorite so I must go see what dreams are made of.

5. If you had to give an incoming college Freshman one piece of advice what would it be?
Get ready to cry a lot. And laugh a lot. And eat a lot. And nap a lot. 

Oh, and have an open mind. As my friend Ellie Goulding would say, “Anything could happen” so be open and vulnerable to all the new experiences out there. 

6. What’s your zodiac sign and do you believe it accurately describes you?
Ha! Towards the end of the semester, when I was really getting sick of school, I started looking at my horoscope everyday. I am an Aries and really had no idea what characteristics make an Aries. So based on this (http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/aries.htm) description, yes, I would say it accurately describes me. Independent, yep! Impatient? Oh yes. 

7. What’s your favorite place in the world?
Ok, I’ll be 100% serious for this question, no sarcasm. Kauai is my happy place, most specifically Hanalei Bay. I cry every single time I have to leave the island. It is truly where my heart is home. 

8. What does a typical day look like for you?
Wake up, be awesome. 
Ok my life is a smidgen more interesting than a phrase found on a t-shirt from the Kohl’s boys section. Here’s your average summer day in the life (remember I said a smidgen more interesting):
Wake up, establish vision (aka put in my contacts), coffee, nannying, read, run, dinner, relax, walk my dog, shower, Sonic with Mack, watch some Netflix, bed. 

9. Three words that describe you?
Fun loving gal OR Quirky independent cutie  
I am all six of those words.

10. Stripes or polka dots?
Stripes. Always stripes. Even if they do make you look fat. 

11. Who would play you in a movie about yourself?
Anne Hathaway because she is freaking awesome. I would trust no one more than Mia Thermopolis to portray my awkwardly awesome life. 

12. What would you say is your best quality?
Probably my infectious dance spirit. Dance on, idiots.

13. What was your favorite game or toy as a child?
I was obsessed with all things baby doll, which probably explains my love for children. You better believe I toted around tiny bottles filled with fake milk, little cloth diapers, and blankets to swaddle my dolls in an itty bitty diaper bag, hanging from my doll stroller, all while having a balloon shoved under my shirt. #littlemama

14. What’s your favorite section of Target?
 I am a stationary slut, so you will probably find me loading my basket with all the cute cards and sticky notes and notepads from the dollar section, as well as eyeing the paper paraphernalia in the office area. But I do also love the baby clothes. Not a pedo, I promise.

15. What are the titles of the last three books you read?
The Bible” by Jesus
“The Book of Mormon” by Mitt Romney
“The Torah” by Adam Sandler

As you can see, I’ve been exploring religion.

But I've also read:

“Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner” by Judy Melinek
“Saint Anything” by Sarah Dessen
“I Was Here” by Gayle Foreman

16. What are titles of the last three movies you watched?
High School Musical
High School Musical 2
High School Musical 3: Senior Year 

just kidding, it was really:
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third

Or maybe it was 
The Fault in Our Stars
The Prince and Me
Christmas with the Kranks

18. Share an embarrassing story
I’ll share two. I will share the funnier, less embarrassing story first, then a more graphic one, so if you are easily disgusted, I suggest only reading story one.

1. Freshman year, my bio lab was collecting water samples to analyze from the Boulder Creek. My TA suggested some of us go further up the creek because no one had samples from there. I volunteered to wade in the water to get the sample. I began to step into the creek, wearing my forever faithful red Hunters, when suddenly I was up to my neck in water. I was completely soaked in smelly creek water and had class right afterwards so was forced to sit in my tiny class, smelling like sewage in a wet dress. Some girls sitting near me could not get over “some smell”. The smell was me. 

2. Oh man this is good. Fifth grade Hannah was fresh from CCD (church class) on a Thursday night, wearing her awesome black velour tracksuit and neon pink Crocs (with socks of course, it was December). My dad said that we were going to stop at Bath and Body Works to pick up a few soaps and lotions for my mom for Christmas. We were in the car, turning into the shopping center where BBW was located and suddenly, I HAD TO GO. And not just #1 go but #2 go. It was like something was ripping through me with no stopping. My dad would not stop the car even though I pleaded, cried, and begged. HIS MISTAKE. He quickly parked and the second I got out of the backseat, it was happening. Diarrhea was running down my leg like freaking lava. As my dad finally understood what was happening, he hurried into the store, bringing me to the bathroom. But the damage had been done. Diarrhea filled my Crocs, soaked through my underwear, and lined the inside of my pants. I cried in the bathroom, trying to clean myself up. As Murphy’s Law would have it, I ran out of TP, and there was no paper towels. And the extra TP was located on a tall shelf, blocked with boxes of extra merchandise. At this point I was only wearing my shirt and socks. No pants. No underwear. I began to scale the mountain of boxes in the attempt to retrieve more TP. As I did this, I got literal shit on the boxes. I got to the top of the box mountain (4 boxes high) when the top box broke open, causing bottles of holiday soap to fall everywhere. And naked me. I was sobbing, guys, in absolute hysterics. While all of this is happening, my dad is in the store, leisurely shopping, only coming to check on me once (pre-climb, pre-fall, pre-nakedness). So I’m trying to clean up but I literally have nothing to clean up with. Diarrhea is everywhere. I’m just standing in the middle of this bathroom with my socks and shirt on. Then some boy, probably 2 years younger than me, fiddles the door and unlocks it, swinging it open. I just start yelling at him and oh man, did he run away! My dad must have seen this poor scarred child and comes to check on me. I honestly think he was just as shocked as the little boy. He made me put on my pants then left me to go pay and corral my siblings. I walked out of the bathroom, shame tattooed all over my body, and with a piece of crap-covered TP stuck to my Croc, trailing behind me. Twas the Trail of Tears. My siblings were laughing so hard they too are crying, and banished me to the far back seat. The entire ride home, I continue to cry as they chant “Diarrhea Head!!!”. So. Much. Love! My dad, still in a panic, calls my mom, who is out as well doing some Christmas shopping, and lets her know what went down. She goes to the store to go clean the bathroom, tells him what drug to give me to plug me up, and I am quarantined to my room for 24 hours so I do not infect anyone else with run down your legs run for your life diarrhea. 

19. Share a favorite memory
Probably the second embarrassing moment. Or when I had to have an internal ultrasound for an ovarian cyst:-) 

Ok fine, but prepare for me to get emotional/gushy.

I have a million favorite memories, but this one is special and different than most I carry. It was the last day of freshman year of college, May 4th, 2015. The day was actually insane because I had all of my finals that day and was pretty overwhelmed and stressed, but I walked out of my last final and literally skipped for a minute (no one was around to witness that hilarity). I remember walking back to my dorm, blasting “Forever” by Chris Brown through my headphones, feeling absolutely invincible. When I got back, I got rid of my backpack and met my friends for dinner. It was weird because everyone else still had tests to take in the next few days but I was done! I was so happy and out of control that all I had for dinner was french fries and a sprinkle milkshake. Obviously a Cafe Disco dance party was planned for that evening. I remember all of my friends filling my nearly empty dorm, as we danced and decided to take crazy videos. We pushed each other up and down the hall in desk rolly chairs and laughed until our stomaches hurt. As the evening came to an end, we sat on my bed and my moved-out-roommates bed, listening to “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan, and everyone went around sharing memories from this year. It reminded me so much of another favorite memory, the night before graduation, as I sat around a fire with my best friends 5eva, reminiscing of our four short years of high school. We cried, laughed, and hugged. will never forget how complete I felt sitting there, in that moment. Fast forward one year, as I sat in a nearly empty dorm, barely able to comprehend it was over, how a year flew by, how I had made it. There were points throughout the year that I just wanted to go home, to be back in high school, to rest in the familiarity. But where I was had become the familiar,my home away from home. The girls surrounding me were no longer strangers but sisters. We conquered the first year of the rest of our lives together. When I left the next morning, I cried and felt so weird being home. Just eight months prior, I cried as I was dropped off (ok not really dropped off but you know what I mean) and felt so weird not being home. Life had come full circle, and as I left Smith Hall, I carried with me absolute peace.  

20. What’s your motto?
You can’t sit with us. 
Lol jk um, I’m not sure I really have a motto.
Wait actually, it's LOL. (really)

21. Share a favorite quote
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzy” -Michael Scott
“Just don’t think about it!” -Mackenzie Carson
“It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

22. If you could relive your teen years in any era what would it be?
Hmm, shall I be basic and say “the 50s!”? No. Because there was no Netflix in the 50s so my teen years would be nothing, ya feel? But really, I would love to relive my teen years in the era I experienced them in, 2009-2015. Because my teen years FREAKING ROCKED. No teenage angst/high school hate over here, for real. Love the life you live.

23. Go-to Starbucks order?
Well I heard some Starbucks just started serving wine and craft beer, so please pour me a trenta chardonnay. Or a chai tea latte if it’s more appropriate. Hot or cold, full fat baby.

24. What’s your ideal way to spend a Friday night?
In stall 22 at Sonic with Mackenhey, talking and singing. <3

25. What’s your preferred social media?
Instagram, fo sho. Probably because I’m a nosy person and love to have a peak into people’s lives, even if it is through rose colored glasses. 

26. What’s the biggest misconception about you?
That Mackenzie and I are a couple. But hey, we’re not far from it.   

27. How do you feel about the color pink?
Good god, I hate pink. The end.

28. If you could trade places with anyone, living or dead, famous or not famous, for a day who would it be?
I would actually love to trade places with all my haters so I could see what is really wrong with their life that is making them hate me. 

29. What websites do you currently have bookmarked?
Pinny pinny Pinterest! Follow moi here 
plus some boring school sites woo.hoo.

30. What’s your favorite 90s song?
I have a special love for the 90s. It was a good time for America, especially in pop culture. Hands down, my favorite 90s song is “These Are Days” by 10,000 Maniacs. The song opens up “Cheaper by the Dozen” aka the best movie EVER. I frequently listen to the song and picture my future days as a mother and seriously get my tears in my eyes.I will never forget a conversation with Mackenzie towards the end of freshman year of college and we were both so happy about life and how we kept saying “THESE are the days!” and were flipping out emotionally via text. Standard stuff around here. Plus I have this rad shirt from J.Crew (best store ever) to support my love for the song.


//


So what did you get out of this novel of an answer sheet? That I’m an offensive sarcastic young person? That I love children in a way that is more than borderline creepy? That I loovvveee to talk? That you love me ever more than you already did? Yes to all of the above? Awesome. I’m so excited for us to be pals for-like-ever. Until we can meet in real life, I hope this blog can suffice.

xoxo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment