"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I Am Alive

Life is swell, yall
Greetings friends. I figured after a month of radio silence I would poke on over to the blog to alert you all I am alive. I've had this blog for four whole years (happy 4th blogiversary to me!) and have truly loved pouring into it.

Blogging is something that has slowly declined over the years, not just for myself, but for many of those I follow. One of my favorites, Natalie of Hey Natalie Jean, just bid adieu, breaking my heart, but at the same, receiving my utmost understanding. These days, most people "blog" via Instagram, which is super sweet, but oh man is there such weight in an actual blog post.

I'm not done with my blogging days, but I'm certainly trying to determine which direction I'm headed with this. oh the drama.

It's honestly just laziness that has gotten the best of me, but there is also a fair amount of what do I say?!?!  that goes on in the blogging block of my brain. I already know how much I will regret not blogging more in the past year because I love reading my old posts and remembering bits of life, but life has picked up and I am busier. Oh well, I suppose my journals may fill in some of the blanks, but probably not since those are just even more dramatic versions of my thoughts.

So what has happened in the past month? I know you're dying to know.

I completed my second year of college and am so freaking happy I made it out alive with a decent GPA.

I moved back home for the summer. For some people, they would be sad. Not me! I so love being home!

Hanny the nanny is back in action!

I've only run into Mackenzie in a matching outfit once. But I have been called my nanny child's mother twice.

I spent five days working my tail end off in the mountains getting YoungLife camp ready for my cherubic (lol) 6th graders in August. It was the best week ever, even if some old guys thought I was a guy.

Guys, who watches Grey's Anatomy still? Because after that season finale, I'm just SO wanting Japril to be back together! And also Arizona?! wow what a gal.

Also, watched the movie Concussion. SO good. Loved all the pathology. 10/10 recommend.

I'm in the process of purchasing tickets to Florence + the Machine to see later this week.

I read the weirdest thread of comments on Facebook regarding colon cleanses. TMI means nothing to quite a few people, obviously.

I have a few online shopping carts filled with various clothing items I "need" to make up for the 50lbs of clothes I decided to get rid of upon moving back into my room. Because I definitely need 3 more black and white stripe shirts.

I have been very much enjoying catching up on TV shows that I actually watch on the TV, not my iPad. Personally loving the newest season of Little People Big World, but I am partial to Audrey Roloff, so bias bias bias.

Summertime is great, friends. Bring on more warm days, long nighttime walks, and popsicles forever!


Hopefully I'll be back soon, friends.
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment