"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Three Days in Louisiana

Way back in June, we took a trip down to Louisiana before roadtripping to Florida. We visited New Orleans to soak in the culture and experience something very different than our little bubble of a suburb in Colorado.

New Orleans is something crazy. It was hotter than hades and the people there sure are a hoot. We explored the French Quarter, took a swift walk down Bourbon Street, walked along the Mississippi, and were entertained by the hundreds of street performers. My favorite part was the beignets from Cafe du Monde. They exceeded all my hopes and dreams for fried dough coated in powdered sugar.

Absolutely breathtaking views of Lake Pontchartrain at dusk
Apparently red/pink is a favorite shirt color for my family 
These days everyone thinks I'm the younger sister :/

Aunt Sue and the boys 
What would life be without the endless hours of entertainment from Snapchat filters? 
 Day one of exploring...
 My cousin Michael is a HUGE Saints fan. Seriously die hard. So the first thing we did Thursday morning was go to watch their training camp. Guys, it was hot and humid and just death. They had paramedics there specifically for the people watching because people get so HOT. Luckily, us non-Saints fans found a patch of shade, had some water, and played Heads Up.



Masquerade mask stores along the French Quarter

Jackson Square
I LOVED the architecture
STELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love forcing him to take pictures with me
Beignets and cafe au lait from Cafe du Monde


 The next day it was so sticky hot that I barely used the camera. Laziness induced by heat, whoops!



Ending the day with ice cream
I'm not really dying to go back to NOLA anytime soon, but it is a unique place with a ton of history. I highly recommend getting a trolley pass so you can ride around a see a lot of the city, including some gorgeous million dollar homes, Tulane University, the Superdome, etc. In my opinion, a long weekend is the perfect amount of time  spent there. It was a short, sweet, sticky, sweaty few days but lots of fun!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment