"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Destin, FL

After our time in NOLA, we drove four hours east to Destin, Florida. There, we stayed in the most beautiful beach house. All together, it was my family of five, one of my mom's sisters and her husband and two sons, my mom's brother and his wife and their daughter, and my grandparents. All the adults had their own room and us girl cousins had one bunk room and the boys had another. We were walking distance to the beach, had a pool and basketball court in our backyard, and were close by to lots of neat beaches/state parks.

This vacation was long awaited and a complete blessing for my family. My cousin Ben tragically died in January and then two weeks later, my grandpa suffered from severe complications from a surgery that led to months of tube feeding, therapy, and further surgery. For a brood as close knit as ours, it was just tough so we relished simply being together in a place of peace.

I truly don't have many pics from the trip because I was pretty unplugged. It was so nice to just read my books, play card games and basketball, swim, eat lots of vacation food, and talk with my family.

Of course we stopped and played "Sweet Home Alabama" #cheesefordays

Lots of time spent here
We probably played 50 games of Phase 10. It's our family's favorite card game without a doubt

Why of course I will bury you Dillon!
Parasailing over the Gulf
Personal favorite accidental selfie lol I don't even know how I made this face
They're so cute :')
We got up at 5am one day to catch the beach sunrise. Grammy caught us sneaking out, but joined us for the adventure. It is one of my favorite memories.  
VACATION FOOD BABY
Kayaking out on the Gulf. We got to see some dolphins and lots of jellyfish. It was so awesome to be completely surrounded by the blues and greens of the ocean and sky. 
Goggles and cousins for life. Love these guys and gals with all my heart. 

 We certainly enjoyed the slow coastal lifestyle. I cannot wait until we all get to be together again!!

xo
Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment