"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, October 14, 2016

an Escape to Estes

Two weekends ago was parents weekend! My family has started a tradition where instead of going to the football game, we go to Estes Park for the day. After spending the morning studying physiology, my mom, dad, and Brandon came up for a day of enjoying cooler mountain air and strolling Main Street. I called Grammy and Poppop and asked them to join us as well!

On our way to grab some lunch, we ran into some elk. One got rather close to dad and Brandon and a wildlife ranger came and told them to step away. I wish I would have gotten a picture of how close it was to them!
You can see some baby elk relaxing in the grass. Also, fun fact- I've hiked that mountain in the background!

A tiny bit of green summer leaves hanging on tight to their chlorophyll before relinquishing the power to the beautiful yellow and orange foliage.
My favorite stop of the day was an old time candy store. There was so many different kinds of candy, including my favorite Haribo peaches and grapefruit slices, and cherry sours. We all found fun treats, some new to us, like the Abba-Zaba. Honestly, I just got it because it said Abba, and we all know how much I adore ABBA.



I'm so glad that Grammy and Poppop were able to join us. I love getting to spend time with them.


Mom, Grammy, and I wandered around some stores while the guys sat and checked on football scores, eating their candy.




It was the perfect fall day, filled with late afternoon pumpkin spice lattes, shopping for new winter Patagonia fleeces, and dinner in Lyons. Grateful for each day I get to enjoy my family!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment