"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, February 7, 2014

Proud of Our Pioneer

On Wednesday, our little Riley committed to playing soccer at the University of Denver this fall!!! I am so happy and excited for Riley- she is sure one heck of a soccer player. Let me take a minute to brag...

Riley tore her ACL in September of 2012. Tearing your ACL is never easy but it is so hard if you're a soccer player, or any sort of competitive athlete. But Ri was such a trooper and made it through. In May 2013, she was at her SECOND practice back and retore her ACL. I remember getting the text and my heart just sank because I knew how hard this was going to be. If I could have given her my ACL I would have. We were all so destroyed, but knew that Riley was so strong. When we were in Europe this summer, Riley was at home having her knee all fixed. The day of her surgery, I wished I could be home with her watching movies and doing anything to make everything a little better. Riley has been such a trooper and will be playing soccer any day now. What was the worst part of this injury was how Riley couldn't play soccer (obvious I know) but because of that she couldn't sign as early as she had planned with a school. But now we are here and I think that Riley should be SO proud of herself because we all are- she is now a Division I college athlete! So through it all has come this great joy.

We all went to the signing ceremony because we all love Riley.
our little ri ri 
it's official!
GO PIONEERS!


Since I might be going to DU next year, I could go to every single one of Riley's home games and we could be Pioneers together. Whatever happens, Riley should know that we, her best friends, are forever her biggest fans!

Congratulations my Valiant Grape Juice!!!

xo
your Graceful Coke that Costs a Lotta Ca$h

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH GRACEFUL COKE I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH I CANT EXPLAIN IT

    ReplyDelete