"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{Style Files} Snow

This past week has been the best of the best because of one simple thing... snow. I am forever a Colorado girl so even though I'm used to the everchanging weather that leads to 65 degree days in January and snow in May, I still love my seasons to be a little more accurate. These past few months have been SO dry, you'd think we were living in a desert. It never really snowed until about two weeks ago, but that quickly melted away. Luckily, the snow came in a large amount and has just kept coming. It's fantastic.

So Mack and I took all this snow as an opportunity to take pictures because sometimes we're a little vain but that's okay;) Annddd we wanted to do a style post of course.

There's just something so magical about the snow. It's a delicate blanket of peace that covers the earth and brings a sense of gratitude. It sure is beautiful.

Oh yes, before I forget, I'd like to show off my new(ish) haircut. I chopped off five inches baby! And life has never been easier!

ok, i'm madly in love with my red hair
Now back to the clothes!
My outfit is all about LAYERS! Layers are the best in the cold winter air and I adore the variety that they give your outfit.







Tights are a favorite of mine. There's so many fun colors and patterns that you can wear!

Outfit Details
Jean jacket// Gap
Sweater//Gap
Button down (my favorite ever)// Forever 21
Dress// Target
Tights// Target
Boots// Hunter

And Mack is as stylish as usual. Love her striped sweater! You can never, never go wrong with stripes!





And those red Hunters add the perfect POP of color! I got the same boots for Christmas so one of these days Mack and I will have to do a matching red Hunters photoshoot;)

Outfit Details
Sweater// H&M
Scarf// Target
Leggings// Victoria's Secret Pink
Boots// Hunter

I highly recommend investing in a pair of Hunters. They aren't cheap, but they're great for rain (obviously) and snow! I just wear extra thick socks when it's snowy out and they're perfect! Plus there's so many different colors! Ugh I love them so much, you really can't go wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment