"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, May 14, 2015

One Week Fresh and Free

I have officially been finished with my freshman year of college for a week now! I cannot believe it. It has been a slow steady start to summer and I have so enjoyed every second of it.

I miss college in a very weird way. It slowly hits me everyday that I am not going back to Smith South Third, and I will never wake up in room 331. It's weird that I won't shower in the rainbow-tiled bathroom and jam out with Christine, or have conversations while brushing my teeth with Emma and Melissa. I sort of miss the monotony of each day, but also am so happy to be free to do whatever I desire! I am so happy to carry so many wonderful memories of these past nine months with me.

On my final night, I went a little crazy. My dinner consisted of french fries and a sprinkle milkshake. I danced back and forth from one side of the room to the other. My friends and I went absolutely nuts dancing and pushing each other on desk chairs in the hallway. It was the best time ever! When things quieted down, we sat in my room and got extremely sentimental, sharing our favorite bits and pieces of freshman year. It was an emotional 24 hours as I packed up the next day and left the place that had transformed into a new branch of home.

I spent a few hours putting this together and crying and missing my friends and feeling so grateful to have captured some of the best moments of the best year.




So now that I'm free of calculus Webassigns and biology lab write-ups and disabilities papers, what am I doing you may ask.

Well...

I have baked a German chocolate cake from scratch,
Happy birthday to the coolest dad around

hosted a Mother's Day brunch,
If this whole doctor thing doesn't work out, I'll be an excellent hostess/housewife/party planner

taken my cat to the vet,

gone to Sonic,
And visited a gallbladder-less Riley!
caught up on Grey's Anatomy,
Huge fan of this cover. Bawled like a baby due to recent events on the show. #AttachedToAShow This cover beautifully fit the episode. 

checked out several books from the library,
Loving coffee and the morning sunshine
and have started my nannying job.


Life is sweet and simple. The reality of summer is slowly sinking in and I am so enjoying it.

xo
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment