"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

One Year of Sweet Lukie


Any person who has ever said they don't want kids has never ever met my little Lukie. This past summer, I fell head over heels in love with this love and my heart will never be the same! I was infinitely blessed to be his nanny and I treasured every single minute. On Thanksgiving, he turned one and we celebrated his sweet spirit.

Back story: My mom taught his older sister, Sydney, kindergarten. I babysat for her, and her sister, Josie, and truly loved their family. The next year, my mom ended up teaching 1st grade, and Sydney stayed in her class. That November, Sydney and Josie became big sisters to Luke. When I came home for break, I got to babysit for their family when Luke was still fresh and new. Oh. my. word. 

Is there anything better than a newborn baby? NOPE.
Little mama Josie copying me

Definitely one of the best moments in my life

When I would come home on the weekends, I would watch the kids and was always astounded by how much Luke was growing!

Utter perfection

Soon enough, I was finished with my freshman year of college and was home to soak up my days with the three sweetest kids. Luke and I grew especially close. 
We took a lot of selfies together

We loved the Ergo!



Not everyday was sunshine and rainbows lol



 But most days were!






He had a bundle of super long hairs that we just loved to play with






I loved being a witness to the relationship between him and his sisters. A love like no other.




I would also out him in clothes to match me because that's just who I am


Luke loved the swings!
this. is. joy!




Then of course, there was Celine. Celine was vital part to our relationship. One day, Luke was really fighting sleep. I was desperate to get him down, so I tried turning on some music to calm him since I always fell asleep to music as a kid. Celine Dion was the first thing to came on and within a minute, Luke was asleep. The next day, I put Celine on again while I was rocking him, and sure enough, he fell asleep. Whenever I hear "Because You Loved Me", I think of Lukers.



Sunset scooter sleep rides were a staple
While seeing Celine in Vegas, I had to get him this shirt

I became so attached to  Lukie and was so sad to have to go back to school in the fall because I knew how much he would keep growing!


We were both sad on my last day for sure
 The evening before I left, I stopped by to say goodbye. I lost it. I loved Sydney, Josie, and Luke so much. They were what made my summer so dang amazing and I never wanted it to end.



However, even being in Boulder, there was no lack of Luke. I would get snapchats from my sister and mom, as long as pictures and video from his mom Amy. 





Finally, I came home for break and it was time for this boy's birthday! My camera roll was clearly full of pictures and video of him, so I decided to make a short video of his first year as a gift for his family. I loved going through old video and seeing how small he was. There was plenty of tears as I watched him transform from a tiny baby to an adorable toddler. Oh I just love him. 





So happy birthday to my best boy. I love you so much Luke!

xo
Hannah

sorry for this novel of pictures lol

1 comment: