"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Cursed First

It's the Wednesday after Thanksgiving break and life is feeling overwhelming, as to be expected. This past week was filled with all the love and rest and comfort my soul was needing. I was home for a blissful 10 days and knew it would feel next to impossible to come back. I cried about five times on Sunday because I didn't want to go back to school. I cried Monday night when I was laying in bed. I cried in my car after going to Target on Tuesday. Today, while walking to class, I choked back tears and tried to ignore the lump in my throat.

Academically, this has been the most difficult semester I could have ever imagined. Up until break, I was making it through. I ran on pure adrenaline and sheer will. But the second I got home, I was able to breathe and didn't think about school constantly. Well, coming back to the chaos suddenly has me questioning everything I am doing and why I am doing it. I know I just need this semester to come to a close.

The week back after Thanksgiving break is always an interesting one. Last year, it started off with one of my hardest days of college. But slowly, that week transformed into one of my favorites ever. As we are halfway through the week, I can surely say that things are improving.

I miss home. I miss my mom and my dad. I miss my cat. I miss my dog. I miss my brother and my sister. I miss my super comfortable bed and the fireplace. And even though this is all just an hour away, I still miss it. Screw the stigma of weakness that comes from missing home when your an in-state student. Just because home is close doesn't mean I'm there! 13 days and counting.

It's all about taking it day by day. Or hour by hour. Finish fall semester 2k15. Let's do this folks.

xo
Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment