"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

3/8

All hail, my third semester of college is over. Boom roasted
I. am. home!!!! Today has been quite the day. Snow was in the forecast, and when I woke up to my clock blinking, I knew the power had been knocked out at one point and that it had clearly snowed a lot. It was 8:30, and I began to scroll through my Facebook feed (probably not so great that the first thing I do in the morning is scroll through social media. So sue me.) and I saw a girl who lived on my floor last year posting something about a final being cancelled? I checked my email and lo and behold, campus was closed until 1, so 7:30 and 10:30am finals were cancelled. I wasn't quite sure what that meant but all I could think about was how in the world they were going to try to reschedule so many finals. The email read they would reevaluate opening campus around 11am. I was nervous that if they closed campus all day, the final I was scheduled to take at 1:30 would get moved to a later date and I wouldn't be able to go home. I was completely packed and was absolutely counting on going home today so panic was truly setting in. 11am rolls around, campus is closed for the rest of the day. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! It means that grades are frozen, finals will not be made up, and Hannah is a happy freaking camper! I was scheduled to take my Social Problems exam and also give a presentation and was just dreading it, honestly. It would be easy I just didn't want to do it haha. So instead of taking a test, I renewed my apartment lease, dug Sara's car out, and had brunch with Emma and Mack. Guys, I didn't have to take a final. Do you know how amazing that is?! It was a once in a lifetime experience. Read about it here

I drove back around 3 and the roads weren't atrocious. Slow, but not horrible. It only took me about 15 minutes than normal to get home. Right at my exit, "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" came on and I basically just screamed the final 5 minutes of my drive because I was so dang excited to be home. The cherry on top was when one of my all time favorite holiday songs, "Celebrate Me Home" came on as I was pulling into my neighborhood. Yep, I was almost in tears. It feels better than ever to be home.


This semester left me more tired and stressed than any other semester. Going into it, I knew I was about to go through hell, but I just had to do it. There was no going around it so I just had to go into it with as much positivity, enthusiasm, and optimism that I could conjure.

And I did.

This semester, I was more very involved with extracurriculars, spent more time with friends, and took on new adult roles. I grocery shopped, mentored freshman, cooked dinner multiple nights a week, learned all the bones, muscles, organs, nerves, arteries, and veins of the body, was part of an awesome Bible study, didn't die in chemistry, and have made lots of new, wonderful friendships. I also questioned my sanity about five times a day, but I was really able to find happiness amidst the madness.

There was lots of love, and there was pain.

I learned that I can do hard things. I mean, I might cry a ton because of how hard it all is, but hey, I can do it!  And while I do hard things, I can have a freaking amazing time.

Here's a quickish semester recap

1. Best roommate ever. I don't know how people go through life without their own Mackenzie.
Life's just better when you have someone to eat dessert with 
What a studious little bird
I sure do miss our dinners al fresco 
Lots of eating food selfies. This was when we watched The Jinx, a incredible documentary 
Naptime
Aint she a gem?
Ugh Vegas, what a trip



2. Gal Pals. Love em so much. Gal pals>boyfriends, ovaries before brovaries, uteruses before duderuses.
Beau Jos loving
Grizzly Rose dancing
Birthday celebrating
Dancing the nights away
Singing along to Ben Howard
Loving all the whipped cream and coffee
Crashing Gram's house for girls night
Halloween
Big fans of breakfast
Getting lost downtown
Eternal love

 3. YoungLife
WORKCREW WEEKEND 2015
A stellar group of stellar people

T God for this great bible study
Hiking the star on Flagstaff Mountain 
 4. School blew chunks 
Look at that fine vertebrae and cute pup
Seriously my least favorite material 
Chem lab sux
Constantly cramming information in my brain
The infamous Yu Gong, a truly memorable chem lab TA 


5. 5eva <3

World's best soccer player 


6. Fam





 Ok that wasn't that quick but I always have far too many pictures. But let's all just exhale because the semester is over. I made it out alive!! Now it's time to get in the freaking holiday mood and get ready for Christmas and all the festivities that come with it.

Peace and holiday blessings.
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment