"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, December 3, 2015

(Another) Grateful Heart


Last year in December, I wrote this post after a particularly tough day. Since yesterday I basically just used this blog to throw myself a pity party, I felt like I should come back and reflect on all the wonderful things in my life because there sure is a lot of them. Good days do outnumber the bad days and even though life is tough, there's still an awful lot of joy.

I am thankful that I am done with chem lab for the semester. Glory glory hallelujah!

I am grateful for Amy Grant Christmas music that always makes me think of my mom.

I am thankful for cadavers. Without them, studying anatomy would be impossible, and far less fascinating. 
(Side note: I highly recommend this article and this article to anyone who thinks they DON'T want to donate their body to science. Pretty compelling)

I am grateful for music, and great Spotify playlists.

I am thankful for YoungLife, which always leaves my soul rejuvenated.

I am thankful for group messages with my best friends that leave me laughing out loud in chemistry.

I am grateful for PaperMate pens, my favorite pens to make thousands of notecards with. 

I am thankful for hot tea during the evening, and warm coffee in the morning.

I am thankful for pictures and the eternal moments of happiness they capture. 

I am grateful for friends that always know exactly what I need.

I am thankful for comfortable sweats that I change into every afternoon when I'm done with class.

I am thankful for the small Christmas tree, illuminating my room. Makes my heart feel a little more at home. 

I am thankful for the support I receive every minute of the day from my family. 

I am thankful for the therapeutic effect of painting my nails. Not sure why it's so calming to me but it is!

I am grateful for Albanese World's Best gummi peach rings. Forever satisfying my sweet tooth. 

I am grateful for hot showers on cold nights.

I am grateful for the calming scent of lavender oil.

I am thankful for the sweet little faces of my nanny kiddos who I love and miss so much.

I am thankful for December, as life speeds up and slows down, and is simply full. Full of joy, stress, family, friends, magic, reflection, just everything!

Happy Thursday evening, friends. Wherever you are, I hope you're taking things slowly, enjoying.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment