Since there is only 8 days until Christmas, I decided it was only fair to share some of my favorite Christmas songs.
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
This song always makes me think of "Christmas with the Kranks", which is one of my all time favorite movies. I love to get in my car and turn this up as loud as it can go and belt it out. It's the song that puts me most in the Christmas spirit!
Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
This was my favorite Christmas song when I was little! It still is one of the best! Plus I always think of the end scene of "Cheaper by the Dozen" when I hear it:)
Same Old Land Syne - Dan Fogelberg
Oh man, this song. The sax solo at the end just brings it all home. Every year, I stay up until midnight on Christmas to hear the very last Christmas song on the radio, and one year, this was the last one. It has forever stayed with me.
Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins
This is a bittersweet song for me. It was me and my old best friend's favorite holiday song. I remember the days where we would listen to it on repeat, the happy days of our friendship. It took me a while to be able to listen to this song again, but now when I do, I think of the good times we once had, and the joy that lies beneath during the holiday season.
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
The fragile but beautiful voice of Judy can't help but break your heart a little. She encompasses emotion perfectly in this song. Brings me to tears.
Carol of the Bells - Home Alone Soundtrack
I'm very picky about my Carol of the Bells and I believe this is the very best version :)
Happy Christmas (War is Over) - Celine Dion
I'm not usually one for remakes, but this version is absolutely my favorite. Love Celine's voice!
Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
This song gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it. Simply the best. I want to go to a TSO concert so badly- my grandparents went and loved it!
Somewhere in My Memory - Home Alone Soundtrack
Whenever I hear this, I think of Christmas. I remember watching "Home Alone" with my grandma, laying together on the couch on a cold December night, as the only thing lighting the room was the Christmas tree and fireplace. It sure is a special time of year.
It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
The name says it all!
This list is just a small, small sample of my favorite Christmas music! I love it all, there's hardly any songs that I don't like. You can find me singing loudly to all Christmas music any time of the year. But oh, when it snows, you better believe I just drive around playing my music full blast, soaking it all in. I LOVE this time of year!!!
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment