I hate that my favorite month of the year is also the the month of the year that goes by fastest. I wish I could savor each freezing cold day that's filled with holiday spirit for longer than 24 hours. It's not fair that school is most stressful and busy this month, but so that's life.
With a weekend filled with...
52 pages of history
5 hours of babysitting
3 science FRQs to prepare for
6 gingerbread houses built and decorated
1 science test to study for1
2 movies
1 argument/research paper to write
7 hours of holiday shopping
1 science project to complete
and 10 calculus problems to finish
And a week with...
3 choir concerts to perform at
3 additional choir concerts to attend
1 science test
1 math quiz
1 Christmas party to prepare for
and lots of homework/studying for finals
It's hard to find time.
When I get overwhelmed, I clean. I can't focus with a mess around me. I then resort to the shower. I took a long, hot shower today and gave a fantastic concert. It's a treat to be at my house when I'm singing in the shower for sure! After a shower, I paint my nails. Because who can focus with plain nails? Oh, and be sure to watch some Gossip Girl while you're doing that. Because Gossip Girl is the best show. Then get a gingerbread latte from Starbucks because you definitely can't go wrong with happiness in a red cup! If you're still feeling overwhelmed, definitely go shop and talk with friends. This is best done for at least two hours. Then, go home, eat, and get to work.
I guess what I've learned today (and through the course of high school years filled with rigorous classes) is that it is important to find time for you. An unhappy you or stressed out you is surely not an efficient you, so do what makes you happy.
xo
Hannah
aka procrastinating
ReplyDelete