| oh the budapest parliament building on the danube gets me every time. |
Lately I have been Europe sick. So, so, so Europe sick. It's an incurable disease. I could go back to Europe, but even that wouldn't 100% cure it. It will never be the same as when I went with the best group in the sweet month of June.
I completely admit to watching this every. single. day. And everyday when I watch it, I cry a little (or making the sounds of crying, actual tears only form once in a while)
With each part of the video, I remember what it was like when I was taking the video or picture. For example, the part at 10:37. You have no idea how bad I wanted that gelato that night. We were walking through Krakow, laughing like crazy and having the best time of our lives (and we didn't even realize it until now!). Or at 6:23. We were on a hunt that evening. We were looking for something very specific and were extremely, extremely disappointed when we found it but couldn't get it. Hahahahaha oh my gosh, but don't worry, the hunt continued until Prague. Then the hunt was over;)
After that, I listen to the songs on repeat and think of riding the bus. I remember looking out the window at the green fields, and seeing the small little houses, and the signs in languages I will never understand. I remember the awful neck pain from sleeping on the bus. It doesn't matter how comfortable my neck pillow was, your neck is just not supposed to bend some ways. I remember packing and unpacking my suitcase at every hotel, making sure I didn't lose anything along the way. Oh my gosh I remember how bad my suitcase smelled by Vienna. Disgusting. I remember public bathroom in Berlin, where a hobo tried to make us pay one Euro to go in (don't worry we snuck in when he wasn't looking).
It's all the little memories that fill me, that make me miss it. I can't wait until the day I can go back, even if it will be different.... Europe was the best decision of my life.
xo
Hannah
PS: If interested in reminiscing with me, you can go back and read my blog journal entries from the trip starting here
PPS: And here is another version of Europe, through the eyes of my bff Smack Mack
crying
ReplyDelete