"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Songs of the Semester

Music is our universal language. While we might all have a different taste in music, we can all find a song that we can tap our foot to and dance around to. Music is such an integral part of my life and I feel like I blab about it all the time and get all emotional but yo, music is all about the feels.

Example: Last night, I was reminiscing watching my Europe video and the fourth song, "Now is the Start" came on. First and for most, that is my favorite song in the whole world and always will be. It has so many dang meanings to me. I think about Europe, I think about off periods my junior year, I think of drives to Sonic, I think about the future, I think about it all! I do this thing quite frequently now that I like to call "deep listening". I text Mack and tell her to deep listen to a certain song quite regularly and we then text about all the emotions. For me, this song holds so much value and I don't think it's something I'll ever properly be able to convey with words here on the blog, but I bet you all have that one song that makes you feel this way too.

While I was on break I thought about writing a post about all the songs that sort of composed my first semester. Because honestly, in college, I'm always listening to music. Walking to class, while doing homework, in the shower, hanging out with friends, just about every second of my day, I've got some melody playing. And the best part about music and emotions is how there is a song for every emotion! Music is magical in the way that it helps to convey the mood so appropriately. I digress. Anywho, here's a just few songs that I listened to lots first semester that got me through the big transition.

Ribs- Lorde

Thick as Thieves- Katie Herzig

Kiss Me Slowly- Parachute

Heart's On Fire- Passenger

My Dear- Bethel Music & Hunter G K Thompson

Blank Space- Taylor Swift


The list could go on and on, but these were just a few that popped in my head right away. So now we have a new semester and while I still listen to these songs, here's the latest batch of music! This playlist eventually will cover a whole year's choices in music, which I love because I know will eventually listen to "old" songs and will be flooded with memories of what my life was like at that time.


So there you have it, just a sample of my favorite music! I feel that music is very telling of a person (in a good way!) so if you really want to know me better, listen along;)

xo
Hannah

Footnote: Mackenzie just wrote a very similar post over here. I saw it last night while I was drafting up this post and couldn't help but laugh. #telepathy

No comments:

Post a Comment