![]() |
| Thank you thank you thank you Braverman clan for everything. Image via |
![]() |
| #PicturesThatGetYouChokedUp |
Now, for all my lovely readers who have watched Parenthood! Let's just talk about how it was the best show ever that should not have ended. I always thought Grey's Anatomy was my favorite show, and it is in a way, but Parenthood was the show that always had me tearing up and completely relating. Never has there been such a raw, authentic show about life than Parenthood. First of all, each actor/actress was phenomenal. Perhaps it was because they were portraying things that were REAL. And the situations that dealt with in each episode were REAL. There was no trees through body cavities or housewives killing husbands or vampires. It was so easy to get wrapped up in the show because you understood it all, you didn't need to use your imagination.
It's a really good thing my roommate wasn't back from the weekend when I watched the finale. I bawled and bawled and bawled. I don't cry when watching TV shows. I usually tear up and get all choked up with a ball in my stomach, but Parenthood has made me cry a steady stream of tears time after time. The finale made me sob uncontrollably. I completely lost it. I was the most emotional I have been in a very long time. I ended up calling Mackenzie (because what else would I do?) and cried on the phone to her because I was so flipping sad it was over and it truly felt like my heart had been carved out of my chest. Plus I really needed to instill in her that she HAD to finish the show ASAP so we could talk about it. I missed the Braverman's so much, I started hanging out with them again, on Netflix of course;) It's just not the same though.
I know I am slightly on the younger side of the Parenthood audience but I think that was a good thing in all the right ways. I understand how as a parent, you could watch and see how as Julia, Joel, Kristina, Adam, Sarah, Crosby, and the gang have the same hurdles and triumphs that you might experience. But I watched with the perspective of a teenager. When Kristina was diagnosed with cancer, I only could imagine that it was my mom who was sick. When Hattie left for college and broke down in tears at security, I was in the process of deciding where to go to school. I pictured me as Hattie and had that "oh crap, that's how I would be" moment. When Hattie surprised everyone at the pizza parlor for a visit, I thought about what it would be like if I did that. When Julia sat outside the school all day to show Victor that she was there for him, I could see my mom doing the same thing for me.
I have a wonderful, close knit family to thank for all the great emotions I felt when watching this show. While sobbing on Sunday night, all I wanted to do was give them all a hug. Thanks to this show, I value them even more. Parenthood really does no wrong, guys. Except for make you FEEL! And cry! (if you haven't already finished the show, ahem Mack, don't click the link!!!) Please, please just go watch it. I freaking wrote a blog post about it's amazingness. That's how you know it's good (and that's also how you know I get too attached to fictional families).
May God bless and keep you always.
xo
Hannah


No comments:
Post a Comment