| So, so much love. One of my favorite relationships for sure |
I am single.
My hands have always been up. (If you understand what I mean, we are automatically best friends)
I ain’t got no Valentine.
I know there’s about a million articles out there that will talk about how great it is to be single. And I actually agree with a lot of them. I love my independence. I love alone time. I love that I can focus on myself (in the most non-narcissistic way possible). When it comes down to it, being single isn’t the worst thing in the world.
Humans crave connection. We need relationships. And gosh am I lucky because I do have some fantastic relationships. I have my best friends, old, new, and all the best, I have my family and they are by far the most amazing foundation, and ya know, I have my cat and dog and they’re pretty cute and great too. I do not lack relationships.
However, I cannot lie. There is very much a piece of me that yearns for a relationship. You know, the one with a guy. Where you go on dates, tell each other everything and anything, and are self-sacrificing. Where he’s te person that you listen to old soul love songs to and think of. The person who gives you all the butterflies! The person you want to experience all of life with. Oh how I dream of that spark.
But I am happy. There are times I wallow in my pity, usually with my fellow single ladies Mack, Christine, and Caroline. We watch sappy romantic comedies and dream up the days where we are the girl with some boy holding a radio over his head outside our window and sigh. But then we just blast some T-Swift and dance it out because life is pretty grand.
I feel like society puts romantic relationships on a bit of a pedestal. While they are an important aspect to life, one that even God speaks of, they are not the end all be all. Being single doesn’t mean there is something wrong with me. It’s simply the season I am in at this point in life. It’s all in the timing.
As much as I want love, I have love. Right now, it’s just not the primary form that society is pushing. I am loved, there is no doubt in that, and I love. Life is only so long and I don’t have time to wish my life were any other way that it is in each moment. Here would be the appropriate place for me to insert a nice quote or Grey’s Anatomy monologue, but I won’t do that to you.
Just kidding. you knew I had to!
“At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now.”
Dramatic post, over and out.
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment