"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Life on the Internet

{via}
Blogging is a really strange concept. There's all types of different blogs- travel blogs, fashion blogs, craft/DIY blogs, food blogs, photography blogs, the list goes on and on. I don't really know what to call my blog, maybe a combination of all the above plus some. Mostly lifestyle, sorta journalish, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I have come a long way since my early days as a high school sophomore blogging (can you believe it all began THAT long ago?!) and I don't think I'll stop blogging ever. I will probably transition my blog as I transition through the seasons of life. My college adventures and endeavors plus the tips and tricks I pick up along the way, perhaps my life as a med student and a young adult making her way in the world, and eventually after that, my life as a doctor, and slices of my future family's life.

But it's weird. You have the audience, world wide. You sorta know who reads your blog, like your best friends and the people who have Googled you, but you don't know everyone. I remember in high school I found out that there was a whole slew of kids who I didn't really know who read my blog. How strange is it that we passed in the hallways and they knew my little stories? Then there's all the strangers and all you can think is "how the freak did you find my blog?!" It's cool though because I love other people's blogs and technically, we are strangers too. I guess the the neat thing about blogging is you feel like you have this friendship and create a bond with someone you have not met.

You also have the content. I try to keep things real over here, but admit to mostly highlighting the positive. I will be real every now and then and completely vent and scream about the negatives BUT only because I simply think it's important for my readers to relate and see how we all are human. There's a fine line between what I find to be too personal/appropriate to blog about and what is fine to share with the public. A major chunk of my life is here on my piece of the Internet, but there's also the things that go in journals or simply in my mind.

When it all comes down to it, I love to share. I love to write. I love to connect with people. I love to record the things that I know I will one day forget. My blog is my inner voice that begs to be heard. So I will end this slightly dramatic post now because my inner voice will sometimes get carried away by the drama of my inward emotions. Love to you all, readers of mine, strangers, friends, or foe.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment