There's no perfect way to start this post. I've been looking at a blank page with a blinking cursor trying to artfully craft an eloquent opening line but all that I can come up with is
WOW.
I have eight days left of my first year of college. Just typing that gives me all sorts of emotions... happiness, sadness, excitement, relief, disbelief, just all the feelings. The year went by quickly, but it also dragged by. I went through some of the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. I've laughed, cried, danced, and learned more about myself in these past 8 months than I have learned in 19 years.
Once I am home and completely finished, I'm going to write a big old reflection post because this year sure as heck deserves one. Right now, I'm just in a state of shock that this year is almost over. I'm sad to be further away from my friends (having them live down the hall is so amazing), but I am SO ready to be home! To be with my family! My pets! To not live out of a suitcase! To start my nannying job! For the sweet freedom of summer! For Hawaii!
As I embark on this last week, I want to soak it all in. I'm someone who thinks an awful lot about firsts and lasts. I think about how Thursday will be my last bio lab, and how Tuesday will be my last breakfast at Libby, and how I only have a few more days of swiping into South Third.
I remember how I was feeling eight months ago. I was a little sad, a little excited, a little nervous, not really knowing what to expect. In a sense, I was numb, simply adapting. And now, I'm feeling numb again. Time is fleeting, that I know is true. The days are long, the years are short. It's all just weird. I feel the same, but sooooo different. I can sit here and try to analyze myself a little longer, but it makes me all sorts of crazy. So instead I'll catch you up on life.
 |
| SHE MADE VARSITY!!! So proud of my little Pom! |
 |
| Always loling at Bella |
 |
| SUCH a treat to see Amanda and catch up! I miss her so much! |
 |
| Free cone day at Ben and Jerry's! |
 |
| The wild Christine in her natural habitat, searching for paper owls in biology lab |
 |
| Creepiest pic of me ever lol. Prep for our ABBA Dancing Queen party! |
 |
| I did one last little load of laundry on Friday and couldn't help but notice how colorful I am (sarcasm) |
 |
| Emma has her car currently, which means Sonic and Chick Fil A (praise the Lord) |
 |
| Yoga on Farrand Field, like all the Boulderites |
 |
| So pro |
 |
| Love these two so so much |
 |
| Movie night watching Gone Girl, the craziest movie ever (I didn't get the open mouth memo) |
 |
| I'm really going to miss the pond. Especially in the rain. |
 |
| My absolute favorite little loves came to visit me in Boulder today! Absolutely made my week! |
So it's time to buckle down, study lots, pack up this tiny room, and kiss freshman year goodbye! Happiness ahead!
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment