"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

So Good, So Soon


 I've been itching to write lately. The itch is powered purely by avoidance and my lack of desire to study for finals, but what else is new.

Exactly a year ago, I wrote this post. I was reading it this evening and couldn't believe the parallel. I am torn in two now, like I was last year. I am so going to miss living in Smith South Third with so many of my close friends so incredibly close by, but I am also so excited to be home for the summer. I felt like last year was a close to my childhood days, and I now feel like the end of this year is another close. It's like last year was the end of first edition of Hannah's Life, and at the start of this year, the second edition began, but this year is the end of the first chapter. The thing is, this first chapter has done a fair job shaping me for the next chapters in this edition. Granted, nothing is set in stone, but without second edition chapter one Hannah, there wouldn't be a chapter two. Life is just this big long domino effect, ultimately ending with happiness. 

Currently, I've really been into this song. It completely moved me to tears the first time I heard it.


It's grounding me through this stress. Unlike last year, I have not been putting the stress aside. It has completely consumed me, but it's also what's pushing me through.  Finals are five days away and I am up to my neck, finishing up the semester's workload and studying. The sounds are just glorious, the meaning is beautiful, and I love that it's based on the theme of "Gabriel's Oboe" because that makes me think of Christmas time.

Right now, it's about surviving. Remembering to breathe. To still say yes. And to sleep.

Over and out blog world. Next time I come around, I will have finished my first year of college!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment