"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, June 1, 2015

June Goals

Hello blog and hello June! I love June with a passion. The birds are whistling, the sun is shining, a new day awaits. June days hold so much promise. The smell of sunscreen and BBQ linger, popsicles and pool days are perpetual, and late nights are spent laughing with friends.

This month is chock-full of happy times over here. I've decided to make a few goals for the month simply to keep myself in check, in the attempt to keep being the person I'm meant to be.

1. Reach 10,000 steps every single day of the month.
I recently got a FitBit and it is SO much fun. I have become mildly obsessed with how many steps I take each day. Most days, I can get my 10,000 steps in. But this month, I want to get them in every.single.day. I predict this will be most difficult when I am in Hawaii, as most days are spent lounging around at the pool. But I'm going to make 10,000 happen!

2. Blog three days a week.
I've been working on a schedule of sorts to keep things flowing over here. I love to write but sometimes I fall out of the habit. I really want to change that!

3. Apply for at least three scholarships.
This one ought to make my parents happy.

4. Jump back into running.
Running is something I'm constantly battling. I really do love it, I'm just not the best at doing it! Once I get the all-clear from my surgeon, I want to start pounding the trails again.

5. Take more pictures.
Especially with my DSLR! There's a balance to be kept between living in the moment and preserving the moment, no doubt. However, it's time to preserve some more moments. Hopefully taking more pictures will also improve my very, very subpar photography skills;)

6. Take four hikes. 
Short or long, I intend to get out and trek more! Plus hikes are great for a) getting lots of steps and b) taking pictures! Roll a few goals into one!


The goals aren't anything elaborate but I think they will give me the slightest motivation. Here's to a wonderful, wonderful June!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment