Time for a little life catch up...
![]() |
| I have a feeling that sophomore year will be filled with lots of group selfies |
The first of my close friends, the ever so lovely Courtney, turned 20 in September! It's so strange that we are leaving our teenage years, years I so anticipated when I a kid. Even though you're technically an adult at 18, 20 feels so much more real and adult like. Six more months of teenagehood left for me! We celebrated 2 decades of Courtney with a delicious dinner and even more delicious cheesecake.
I went home at the end of September for Olivia's sophomore homecoming. I still remember each high school dance like it was yesterday and am so happy that she's enjoying high school as much as I did. I skipped my Friday chem lecture and went home Thursday afternoon, making it back in time to surprise my family at the football game, where Olivia would be performing at halftime. While I was there, I ran into some of my favorite people in the world!
![]() |
| My favorite people tend to be under the age of 8 |
Friday, Olivia had a very busy day but still managed to look so beautiful on her way to the dance.
It was a really amazing weekend home. I got to relax and spend some quality time with my family, including my grandparents. Sunday, we walked the Race for the Cure, which is always such a humbling experience.
A week ago, on Friday afternoon, Christine, Emma, Mackenzie and I headed
south of Boulder to go to see one of our favorite singers, Ben Howard, perform at Red Rocks.
Emma’s family recently moved to a house just minutes away from the beautiful
amphitheater, so we got to go hang out at her house for a while, where her mom
made us the most delicious salmon chowder. We got to play ping pong, pet her
adorable dog, and talk about life and the season we’re all in. Ben Howard was incredible live, but I was not impressed with his set list. He chose to play mostly new songs, and NONE of the songs that he is most known for/what made him famous. We still danced, sang to what we could, and enjoyed the time together. After the concert, Christine, Mack, and I went to Christine's friends house for some smores and we all had a great time. We got back into Boulder pretty late, but it was a Friday to remember.
That next day, my parents came up on Saturday since it was technically "Family Weekend" at CU. My siblings were pretty busy the entire weekend, so just my parents came up and we drove an hour north to Estes Park. The fall colors on the trees were fantastic, and we poked around several of the shops on Main Street. The best part was how many Christmas stores there were scattered down the street, filling my Christmas-loving heart to the brim. I love when I get to have only child time with my parents, it's nice not to be interrupted by my non-stop talking sister.
| Casual deuces |
| when adults selfie... |
| #sororitysisters |
And I'd just like to say again how much fun it is to live with your best friend. We are like two old ladies living together. We grocery shop and switch off making dinners, we go on runs together, we take care of each other when stressed/sick, we finish each others sentences, we watch documentaries together (highly recommend The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst), we borrow each others clothes, we make fun of each other, but still love each other. I pray that my future daughters (and sons!) all find their Mackenzie in life because it is the best.
| We are non-romantic soulmates |
![]() |
| Sweet, innocent, single. Have at her boys |
I'm grateful for each day this year, and for the comfort that this is all familiar. It's so interesting to me how much changes in a year, but how you are always exactly where you need to be. I am loving classes, no matter how challenging they prove to be. I am loving Young Life, and budding leadership and ministry there. I am loving my friends, and our talks and laughs and cries. I am loving now, and each moment. Now is now. I'm taking what is, and carving it on my heart, carrying it with me, knowing that while I don't always know what is next, there will be peace, and it will be ok.
xo
Hannah






No comments:
Post a Comment