In January, Brandon and I set sail for San Diego to meet up with our dad to experience the convention he puts on, and also enjoy a mini winter vacation. We were only there for a long weekend, but we sure did a lot and made the most of our time in the warm weather.
Upon arriving Wednesday evening, we walked along the marina and enjoyed the balmy temperatures. We finally found my dad after about 30 minutes of walking and met some of the people he has taken on a summer conference. He's been doing it for 24 years now and it was neat to see how many lives he's impacted.
Thursday was a day packed full of fun. Brandon and I got up early to have breakfast and then hit up the San Diego Zoo. Guys, make it a priority in your life to go to the San Diego Zoo. It.is.awesome. The entire zoo is so clean and well-kept and the exhibits are out of this world. Obviously, we enjoyed seeing the pandas, arguably the main exhibit the Zoo is known for, but I'd have to say the flamingos were our favorite exhibit. They were hilarious.
Thursday was a day packed full of fun. Brandon and I got up early to have breakfast and then hit up the San Diego Zoo. Guys, make it a priority in your life to go to the San Diego Zoo. It.is.awesome. The entire zoo is so clean and well-kept and the exhibits are out of this world. Obviously, we enjoyed seeing the pandas, arguably the main exhibit the Zoo is known for, but I'd have to say the flamingos were our favorite exhibit. They were hilarious.
Since the zoo is so huge (and full of hills ugh), they have these awesome sky trams to take you from the top to the bottom of the zoo. It was quite convenient and especially nice since there was no lines. Oh also, if you're gonna go to the zoo, go during the off-season for sure!
![]() |
| Balboa Park and the skyline in the background |
After a few hours at the zoo, we went to the trade show, one of the main events of the convention.
![]() |
| Brandon does not always enjoy my antics |
Let me tell, I sure as heck felt like a fish out of water. #suburbsforlife But it was still cool to try some nasty molasses, look at tractors, learn about cattle tags and feed, and get some SWAG (stuff we all get). Oh and there was a magician who left me utterly confused and frustrated. As someone who loves logic, magic is just leaves me boggled.
After the trade show, we hustled back to the hotel to get ready for a evening party on the USS Midway. Any history buff will love the Midway and its museum. It's truly incredible and the party was fan-freaking-tastic. There was free simulator rides, the best catered food I've ever tasted, and a USO band that had everyone swing dancing. I hung out with my cousins that I don't get to see nearly enough, which was such a treat.
![]() |
| Classic Marv |
We were exhausted by the end of the day to say the least.
Friday, we went over to Coronado to enjoy the beach! Ugh, I love the beach so much. I am truly jealous of those who live so close to the ocean, it is my favorite sanctuary. Coronado is a gorgeous beach and it was super misty and salty and just peaceful. We met up with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, and oh man they were a hoot! They were searching for sand dollars and basically just ended up swimming in their clothes. Too good.
![]() |
| Low quality selfie, high quality brother. Low quality caption, high quality Hannah |
![]() |
| One day, I will stay at the Hotel del Coronado. It is lovely |
![]() |
| Really my shirt says it all |
![]() |
| Gotta love Aunt Susan |
![]() |
| as they would say "the back of yo head is ridiculous!" |
After beaching it, we went got some dinner and went to a Martina McBride concert. So much of my childhood was made up of Martina McBride songs so it was cool to see her in concert, and of course, even more fun to hang out with my cousins. Afterwards, there was of course, another party. I met Ron Burgundy.
![]() |
| The sunset was unbelievable at the marina |
Saturday was cloudy and overcast, but pretty much awesome because we got to go whale watching. My dad was done with his convention duties, so he got to hang out with my brother and I for the whole day. We went to Little Italy, had some amazing Italian, and then went and saw some grey whales.
![]() |
| LOOK AT THAT TINY WHALE TAIL IN THE DISTANCE!!! |
I really had the best time ever with my brother, who is such a cool kid that I love so darn much. The two of us really had a grand time together, along with my dad. San Diego is slowly becoming a favorite place of mine. I'll always be a Colorado girl, but oh man, sometimes the ocean really is calling.
xo
Hannah































No comments:
Post a Comment