"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Last Two Weeks

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind. By the grace of God, we had a snow day today and it completely allowed me to just breathe and catch up.

Two Fridays ago, I met my mom and brother at the airport to go fly to Texas to spend the weekend with my family, as we mourned the loss of my cousin and celebrated his incredible life. It was bittersweet. I really do love getting to spend time with my family, the circumstances just weren't ideal. Nonetheless, Texas is a pretty neat state and I would probably adapt super quick if I had to live there since Sonic is on the corner of every main intersection, and barbecue is a staple food. There was such comfort in being with my cousins, swimming in the hotel pool, exploring Target, eating lots of junk, and playing Heads Up late at night in the hotel lobby.
Texas waffles // Dallas at night
A chilly sunset walk
Not a fan of this picture, but I love the girls in it--Liv and Emma

My family was not able to stay until the memorial service, which we were all very sad about, but we were there for the family viewing. There's not many ways to prepare for seeing the body of a loved one, but it really does just go to show that your body is simply a vessel. Your spirit and life rests in your soul. 
Gizmo's from Double Dip in honor of Ben



It was so hard for us to say goodbye, and I'm still reeling through the shock and sadness, but have been overwhelmed by love and prayers, bringing some peace.

I arrived back in Boulder late Monday afternoon, and in just 48 hours, I was off to the airport again to head off to San Diego with my brother and dad. 

My dad is truly awesome and is in charge of a huge convention put on by his company. Over 6,000 cattlemen and women set sail to San Diego for a huge trade show and country festivities. It was so cool to see my dad in action and I have a whole new appreciation for all the work he does. 


But San Diego will get it's own post because it was a crazy busy time with lots of picture. 


So I'll end this short choppy post with today. After I woke up at 8 to check and see if campus was closed and promptly fell back asleep until 9:30. Mackenzie and I brunched on french toast and coffee while watching Grease Live, then we both did some school work while watching The Office while snacking all day long. We had soup, whipped cream, snickerdoodles, a cheese plate, and some Oreo Mint Thins (10/10 would recommend). We also got less than 5,000 steps, lol winning. Now, we're watching The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills, catching up on society's classiest ladies. I'm not looking forward to trudging to classes in the snow tomorrow, but alas, it is my job.

Here's to the next two weeks and whatever they may bring! 

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment