Ahh, today marks the beginning of the European Series here on Hannah's blog. I have lined up around two weeks worth of posts about my trip to Europe, tips for traveling to Europe, and my favorite memories of the trip. I'm so excited to share it all, and hope this is a great way for me to remember it all! Throughout the trip, I kept a travel journal to help me remember all the details. Hope you all enjoy!
Berlin, Day 1: 6/10/13
Today was the day I've been waiting for forever! We met at DIA at 2:45, said our goodbyes, and went to security. It was not the usual security, but international security and you know what sucks about that? You don't get to ride the train after you're done:( It was all very adult-like. Jess got patted down hahaha! Anyways, we went to our gate and got some pre-Europe fuel aka Panda Express. We then took pictures and videos like fools but what else is new. We got on the plane and I sat next to Mackenzie and an old lady. It was very tight but we made do. The TVs were awesome and I watched Identity Thief, Modern Family, and Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23. They had dinner which was mediocre- some pasta, salad, a roll, and a brownie. After dinner, I fell asleep for about two hour, and when I woke up, we only had about two and half hours left! I walked around and talked to Jess, who luckily did not get sick. Then breakfast was served, but I only had the fruit, cheese, and crackers. Finally, we landed in Frankfurt. It was surreal! We were in EUROPE! We walked around, completely oblivious to anything anyone was saying, and struggling to understand signs in German. We found a gift shop and bought German chocolate- the best! We got on the next plane, where I sat next to Jess. It was a short hour ride, so we played Monopoly. When we landed, it took forever to get our luggage, which made us very stressed that it was lost. That would not make for a happy Hannah. We met our tour guide, Agnes, and went to our hotel. Our hotel was in the heart of Berlin, the Ibis. Jess and Mack were my roommates. We took 15 minutes to settle in and then went on out first walking tour. The highlight of the tour was the Berlin Wall. The art on it was so neat, and fascinating to all of us. Finally after an eternity, we went to dinner. It was the worst dinner of the entire trip! We were over an hour late, and I was starving, only to find a mini buffet of chicken McNuggets and overcooked veggies. When we got back to the hotel, we feasted on our snacks. After some talking that went to about 1:30am, we fell asleep. The eight hour time difference was sort of hard to adjust to, but we were so fried from all the traveling and being awake for over 24 hours, a bed never felt so good.
#europe2k13
 |
| so freaking excited. I was up at 3, 5, then 7 |
 |
| gotta have a bathroom pic |
 |
| we have so much stuff |
 |
| nikes on our feet |
 |
| how jess gets her feet on the window sill |
 |
| pre-europe fuel |
 |
| the most entertaining thing at the airport |
 |
| hello friends |
|
 |
| hour one on the plane |
 |
| hour five |
 |
| i love european money |
 |
| friends on an airplane |
 |
| we made it to frankfurt! |
 |
| at the train station before our walking tour |

 |
| the train (and bus) were made for sleeping |
 |
| east side gallery |
 |
| The infamous "Brother Kiss" more info here |
 |
| it was a long day |
 |
| friends in frankfurt! |
 |
| the end of a VERY long day |
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment