I'm baaaccckkkk! I needed to take a short blogging hiatus and focus on some school things and just enjoy and savor these moments in April. I've been so busy but time is running out in my little hourglass of high school so it's good to know that each last moment is filled with only the best. I was going to start back up with my birthday post, however all my pictures are on my camera memory card, and my camera is downstairs so we'll have to wait until tomorrow for that.
Let's start things up with #ChoirTrip2k14. Holy shoot do I love choir. Especially my choir this year. I've been in choir since my elementary school days and am so happy that I have done it forever! Singing truly is my outlet. I love choir singing the most though because you are part of something so much bigger than yourself. You all have to work hard to sound good, and boy our choir sure does that. I'll just take this moment to toot my own horn because we really are a great choir, singing wise. We get superior ratings at all competitions, have that wow factor, our sound and dynamics are spot on, and our teacher says that we are as good, if not better, than his best choir ever. But above all else, we work together and achieve great things.
As a member of Honors Choir, or Varsity Choir as Riley and Sierra call it, we get to go to the best competition ever- the Winter Park Ski-Music Festival. Basically, we went and competed on Friday morning and then skied for the rest of the weekend. We left the school at 5:15am (WOO!) and made the trip up to a high school in Granby where we sang. By 9am, we were done and at Winter Park getting ready to go on the mountain! It was fantastic.
What I loved the most about this trip was the deep bonds that were made. I roomed with Taylor, Haylie, and Alyssa and I can say without a doubt that the four of us became super close, super fast. It's amazing the type of bond that forms when you share a small room with three other girls! I love these girls to death and will
forever remember the deep conversations we shared late at night and the nonstop laughter. They are simply the best.
Basically all we did was ski and boy was I ok with that. My mom was worried about me and my concussion, but I wore a helmet and went slow... well slow enough;) I didn't come home with another concussion right? But really, I never fell and hit my head so we were all good. On Friday, most of us girls skied together, but we then split up on Saturday and Sunday. After we would ski all day, we would ride the gondola back to our hotel and relax in the hot tub for hours with the guys. We would eat, talk, sleep, ski, repeat.
Saturday night was the awards ceremony and dance party. You should all be proud of your fave ginger blogger because she was the life of the party, and I'm not even joking. Things were getting a little crazy but it was the best. Our choir took home 2nd place, but our teacher swears that if we had not performed at 7:30am, we would have taken home 1st. Cest la vie, I suppose. I'm still so proud of our choir. And then the dancing followed. By the end of the night, I had Facebook friend requests and messages, as some boys were quite impressed with my moves;) I guess you could say I have game. It was wild, crazy, and the epitome of a high school movie moment, as the snow fell on us as we danced under the neon flashing lights to the usual dance-pop tunes. But I still loved every minute of it.
It was sooo sad going home on Sunday, but our choir came back with a bond stronger than ever. I am especially grateful for the friendships and bonds I formed with Taylor, Alyssa, and Haylie, as we came back so much closer. Love my fave alto girls <3
DAY ONE:
 |
| perks of being up so early in the mountains-- pink clouds |
 |
| lunch with lauren and tay |
 |
| tay, madi, and alyssa |
 |
| lift selfies are a must |
 |
| Love all of these choir girls so much! |
 |
| damn straight we know we are hot |
DAY TWO:
 |
| oh she's the best |
 |
| I LOVE THESE GIRLS. BEST ROOMIES EVER. ALTO PRIDE BABY. |
 |
| pictures never do justice |
 |
| ughhh I love snowy mountains! |
 |
| casually skiing mary jane, it's whatevs |
 |
| getting ready for the partay |
 |
| love them so. |
 |
| DANG WHO'S THE GIRL IN THE RED HOLDING THAT MASSIVE TROPHY?! |
DAY THREE:
 |
| early morning gondola (or gondolabala as Haylie called them) selfie |
 |
| THIS MEANS FRESH POWDER |
 |
| best of the best |
 |
| trophy selfies because we can and because we are amazing and because we are game |
 |
| we may or may not have snuck into the hot tub and sauna after we checked out. and YES we were wearing pants |
Overall, it was one of the best weekends of my life. No exaggeration there. This is why classes like choir are SO important. I have been with these girls all four years and we are such close friends now. I will miss my entire choir so much next year and really hope to get involved with some sort of choir at CU. Singing is so important to me and it's something I never plan on giving up. Now, let's go back all together to Winter Park. Are you game?
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment