I haven't done a post in a while where I just sit down and write. I used to do them so much more and I really miss them. I'm trying to establish a blogging routine, so maybe I'll make them happen more often.
Right now, I'm so so happy. There has just been a string of little events that happen day to day that have given me so much joy. At the end of the day, there is always a Cafe Disco and singing in the shower. I can't help but think that this sort of happiness has always been in me, it's just been a matter of recognizing it. I have nine days left of school. How is it even possible that my childhood school days are almost behind me? There's a piece of me that's telling me to be sad because those days are coming to an end. But then there's the rest of me that is perfectly content.
I'm torn in two. I so much want to cherish these last days. A quote that is near and dear to my heart is "The days are long, but they years are short". Oh how it is true. There have been the great days, the bad days, and the in-between days. But each day has lead me to where I am. But as sad as I am to ending this chapter, I am so excited for the future. I look forward to college and all that lies ahead. I know the change might not be easy, but I think it's time. However, even though I am torn in two, there is this incredible feeling of peace. Things are coming to end, but this end is no dead end. There's still a long, open road ahead.
Although there is so much I am anticipating, and so much I am going to miss, I've decided to just take it day to day. I say no to stress and yes to letting things happen how they were meant to. I say no to regretting what we could have/should have done and yes to being grateful with the opportunity each day brings.
One of my favorite bloggers and people in the world, Isabel, recently wrote an amazing post on how everything that happens is meant to be. Her words have resonated in my mind for the past few days;
"Life doesn't always make sense in the moment. It's confusing and questionable but it is exactly the way it is supposed to be."
Despite these mixed emotions and feelings of being pulled in two different directions, I fall back on the peace inside of me. Because in the end, that is all I have. Whatever happens is what is supposed to happen, and even though this is not always easy to accept, I know it is true.
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment