As I was sitting on the couch watching RV with my family, I was thinking about how it had been a while since I blogged and I was feeling the need to. At first, I thought to myself, "Oh I'll call my post 'Shame shame' or something like that since I've been a bad blogger lately". Then it dawned on me that I don't owe anything to this blog or my readers (sorry guys). I blog for me. To write down my memories. To share this beautiful thing we call life.
Currently, I'm going through what my mom would call a season of change. I will be moving out in 6 days. 6 DAYS. This summer has absolutely flown by, like they all seem to. I've been busy prepping for this next chapter of my life while still trying to savor each moment in the present. There's a lot that I'm trying to process now and that's what led me to blog. Writing things out is one of the best ways I can sort things out in my brain.
I try to live life with no regrets. And for the most part I really do. I believe that everything happens for a reason and we must trust in that reason, even if we don't see why immediately. But I do wish that I would have spent more time with my friends. More crazy adventures. More time talking. More time with those that I love so dearly. Time is fleeting, this I know. I think about how fast senior year went by. Heck, high school was a blur. You simply just don't realize how lucky you are until it's all being taken away from you.
So here's some little life updates. A High Five for Friday, I suppose. :)
On Monday, Jessica became a legal adult. A birthday post is coming, I just need to sit and finish it. I always end up having to stop because I get too dang emotional because not only was it her birthday, but it was the last time we got to see her before she packed up and left for SIU.
On Monday, little Liv also had a birthday. How is it that she is 14 and in high school now?! Man, what I would give to see her there. It's crazy to think that I remember freshman year so clearly and that's what she's experiencing now. I'm not looking forward to having to say goodbye to her.
Late night movies are always great. Especially when you have an old man in the theater who happens to have the funniest laugh in the world and conveniently laughs at everything. I realized that night that every time we go to the movies, we have this routine; we go to King Soopers, get cheaper tickets and candy, then go to the theaters and get settled in. Who will I do this with in college?!
SO wonderful to be with all these friends the other night! Nothing beats great conversation over delicious PF Changs, some Bonnie Brae Ice Cream, and a surprise visit to see Riley at the sorority house she's living in for preseason soccer at DU!
And of course a dog picture because it was either her or the cat. She sure is cute and so much fun! Boy will I miss her!
While looking at my Facebook profile the other day for no apparent reason, I realized I still had a quote in my About section that I had posted in middle school.
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." [Ecclesiastes 3:1] (read the rest here)
I could only smile and think that I saw it there, at the time, for a reason. All of this change is coming whether I want it to or not. At this time though, change is happening for everyone. There's comfort knowing that you are not alone as these anxious feeling overcome you. Despite how exciting it all is, we must leave behind a piece of ourselves to embrace the future and become ever more who we really are. The great perhaps is out there, which is terrifying and exhilarating, all at once.
xo
Hannah
"Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again." [Grey's Anatomy]




No comments:
Post a Comment