Well I am officially all moved in and about to start classes at CU here in beautiful Boulder. I've seen more Subaru Outbacks than I can count, smelled the disgusting odor of weed, got a henna tattoo, and have gone to a natural food store, so I'm now basically a true blood Boulderan.
College has been amazing so far. Sure classes haven't started so now it's all fun and games, but I'm excited for those too! I've met lots of people and it's been really interesting to see what brings people to Colorado. The floor I live on is all girls and there's only 15 of us so it's been easy to get to know each other. I've gotten along with my roommate and have almost everything set up, and my room hasn't gotten too hot (knock on wood).
It's crazy how fast time flies up here. I feel like I've been here for way longer than three days. I have not been homesick at all, surprisingly. There have been a few moments where I miss my dog or cat or just driving to Sonic listening to music, but I haven't been overcome with any sadness and longing for home. I'm busy and there's so much newness to explore and absorb. In a way, I feel like Highlands Ranch and all things that have happened prior to Thursday are a distant memory of a past life. This is the new life. It's exhilarating yet sort of scary. Here's to it!
 |
| Such a beautiful view!! |
 |
| My humble abode :) A tour of the dorm soon to come |
 |
| First of many TJ trips. Plus we rode the bus to get there, talk about grown up |
 |
| Ready for her first dubstep concert!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| Just kidding, we went ice skating! |
 |
| Hey Ralphie!!! |
 |
| Hannah's henna. A vine to represent the new growth that will come with college. Just kidding, I just liked the design |
xo
Hannah
PS: I'm still trying to figure out what blogging schedule is going to look like. As I get more situated and into a routine, I plan on blogging on a more regular basis. Bear with me through the change :)
No comments:
Post a Comment