![]() |
| taken two weeks ago when Boulder was a winter wonderland |
Today was a typical Monday after break. Blah with a capital B. I had a hard time going to sleep last night and once I was asleep, I struggled to get comfortable. I overslept and had to hurry getting ready for my 8am. The day sort of dragged along. I decided to go on a run to clear my mind. The run helped to give me some energy, but I think the running in the cold ended up giving me a cold. I got back to my dorm to get busy studying and doing assignments. My computer was acting funky and making it hard to get to my math assignment website. I began to feel frustrated and even more blah than earlier. I spilled my soup at dinner. My printer ran out of paper when I was trying to print important notes. I stepped on a tack and it went straight in my foot. All I could think about was being home. I sat in my room, on the verge of tears, wallowing in my pity.
I hate to complain on my blog. It's not a place where I want to be a whiner. But today sucked. It was just one of those days.
But even when I have these bad days, I am thankful. I think about how the good days outweigh the bad and luckily, the bad days are far and few between. Everyone spends a lot of time in November thinking about what they're thankful for. Well, I'm reflecting on my thanks in December too. Gratitude is not limited to one month a year, so I am carrying it with me as we enter the best month of the year.
I am thankful for family that lives close. It is such a blessing that I have been able to spread my wings and experience college, but also be close to home
I am thankful for friendship. I have so many new friends here at CU that I can tell will be forever friends. I am thankful for old friends. It's wonderful to see everyone on their new journeys, but always knowing they will be there for good times.
I am thankful for coffee, or as I like to call it, the life blood.
I am thankful for a warm bed to sleep in every night, in a safe building.
I am thankful for the joy the holiday season brings.
I am thankful for the education I am receiving at CU and the knowledge I have gained that will hopefully allow me to help the world in the future.
I am thankful for red rainboots.
I am thankful for good books, good music, and good movies.
I am thankful for pen and paper, one of my most favorite mediums.
I am thankful for snowy days.
I am thankful for running trails that lead to the most beautiful of scenery.
I am thankful for cozy blankets and fluffy pillows.
I am thankful for technology. It has allowed me to connect with several people I would not have met otherwise and stay in touch with those beyond my little world of Boulder.
I am thankful for hope.
I am thankful for drives to Sonic, where all of life's problems are solved and singing is loud and off-key.
I am thankful for the future. I am thankful for the peace of knowing what happens is meant to be and the promise that tomorrow is a fresh start.
I am thankful for cozy blankets and fluffy pillows.
I am thankful for technology. It has allowed me to connect with several people I would not have met otherwise and stay in touch with those beyond my little world of Boulder.
I am thankful for hope.
I am thankful for drives to Sonic, where all of life's problems are solved and singing is loud and off-key.
I am thankful for the future. I am thankful for the peace of knowing what happens is meant to be and the promise that tomorrow is a fresh start.
Happy December everyone. The excitement of Christmas is amongst us! May the gratitude of November stick with us this holiday season.
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment