"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Best Week Ever


Isn't it incredible how quickly things can change? Monday was rough. Probably the worst day of the whole semester, to be quite honest. But then the most magical thing happened... this week turned into the best week ever. Honestly, it was probably the best week of college this far. I just want to keep reliving each sweet moment of it.

Tuesday was remarkably better than Monday. I went to Pasta Jay's with my grandparents for dinner and then to Target to get some paper and a hard drive for my computer. It was nice to see some familiar family faces after a rough Monday.
Irrelevant to Tuesday but these three faces always brighten my day

Wednesday, though long, was awesome. I found out I got a 90 on my bio lab final that I was sure I failed. I got to go to my old RA's house with some girls from my floor and just hang out and have some quality girl time. We had Cosmo's Pizza (a CU Boulder student staple), played with her dog, and played Cards Against Humanity, which I proudly won. It was such a fun night with my favorite girls.
LOVE LOVE LOVE SONA!


Thursday I got to sleep in, which is always a plus. I had my one writing class and got a lot of homework done. Mackenz and I had a great heart-to-heart that night on phone because you know we obviously don't see each other enough to get it all out.

Friday was awesome. It started with traditional Friday morning breakfast club in Libby. Classes were good, I hung out in Mack's room and was extraordinarily loud (whoops sorry Marissa), and in the late afternoon, I ran some errands with Poodle. My floor is doing a Secret Santa so I had to get a few things to get ready! We got back to campus just in time to go grab dinner and go to CU's improv group's performance. The acapella group, the Buffoons also performed. Our friend John is in the group and and it's always fun to see him perform. Afterwards, I went bowling with Mack, Mary, and two guys Mary knew from St. Tom's. I really suck at bowling but hey it was still fun. :)
Low quality picture, high quality BFFs

Mackenzie has embraced the barefoot Boulder lifestyle
Christmas record finds make me happy
"Celebrate Me Home" is forever one of my favorite Christmas songs
Laying on Mack's floor is basically my thing

Great lighting=selfies galore

Saturday was a whirlwind and for sure the best day of college yet. I met Mack for breakfast at 10:30 and then went to meet Mary to go to John's engineering fair. It was sort of like a science fair I suppose- engineering students designed these crazy cool inventions and got to show them off. John's group actually won which was super exciting for him! They made a 3D book that had Braille and I really don't get how they made it, or anyone made anything because engineering is hard as heck and I would probably die if I was an engineer. I got in about 45 minutes of homework before meeting up again with Mack, Mary, and John for lunch. After a hurried lunch, I rushed back to my hall because we were going to deck the hall!

John wearing my jacket as a bib so he didn't get vinegar on his shirt. And posing with the glass he won from the engineering fair. John is hilarious guys

I know I'm always saying this but I LOVE THE GIRLS ON MY FLOOR SO MUCH!!! I seriously hit the floor lottery because these girls are golden. They are family and if it weren't for them, I can guarantee I would not be loving college as much as I am. We spent about 2 hours listening to Christmas music, chatting up a storm, making paper garlands, cutting paper snowflakes, constructing a paper Christmas tree, and hanging up our stockings. Oh and of course taking pictures;) Our hall is so much more homey and it's simply amazing.

 Events are always posted on the bathroom. Smith South 3rd is the best

Santa's Workshop
The South Pole

SO MUCH TEAMWORK
So much garland!



Shannon is a star  

Crying because it's so beautiful
The stockings were hung on Command Hooks with care;)
Christine is my favorite person ever
Family picture
We know we are adorable
Afterwards, I hung out with Christine, Caroline, and of course, Macky. The four of us had a fabulous single ladies night. We ordered Cosmo's and snagged an empty classroom to take over for the night. We put on some music, drew all over the chalkboards, and danced on top of the tables. Shannon came and joined us a little while later and I'm pretty sure she thinks we are completely mental because we were going so crazy but hey, she still loves us;) We finally settled down (ish) and laid on the tables with blankets and watched Love Actually while binging on the crap ton of candy I had in my room. After the movie, we did some more dancing and singing because why not? Oh, and did I mention that this classroom we were in had floor to ceiling windows on one wall and everyone who was outside could see us? Hahaha I wish I could have seen us from the outside! We were finally going to call it a night at 1:45, but then Melissa and Emma came in and just needed to have some girl talk. I don't think I have laughed as much as I did then ever. 45 minutes later, we finally did go upstairs. The five of us talked more in the bathroom and I finally went to sleep at 3:40am (yikes I don't remember being up the late in a long time).


Today was my day of rest, as I tackled a pile of homework and got some Secret Santa-ing done. Guys, college rocks.

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment