"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

{Giving Thanks} Songs

My friend Jessica, who blogs over at Polygamy Joe, has done a few posts where she posts her songs of the week. I really liked the idea and thought I would do something like it over here! I'm sort of tying it into a thankful post, as I am very very thankful for music. I think my appreciation has only grown upon coming to college because I am constantly listening to music, whether I am sitting studying or walking to class or singing in the shower. I even get to take a music class next semester-- I'm ecstatic! My taste in music ranges from white girl pop to soft mellow indie to show tunes to old soul crooners to Christmas music. I base my music on my state of mind for sure. I think music is an incredible way to express yourself, whether you are singing to it, listening to it, or dancing to it. I'm a choir singer, shower soloist, and Spotify addict.

So here's my current life soundtrack, in no particular order. You can also find my favorite songs of 2014 here.

1. My Dear - Hunter Thompson
I didn't realize that this was a worship song until recently but nonetheless it's still amazing. Makes me so happy :)

2. Life in Technicolor ii - Coldplay
This is one of those songs that I know will follow me for the rest of my life. Coldplay does no wrong.

3. Kiss Me Slowly - Parachute
You can find me singing this loudly with my headphones in in Mackenzie's dorm quite frequently (okay just last Friday). Maddison! If you are reading this, I remember sophomore year when you told me how much you loved this song so I just thought I would say YES this is the BEST song ever!

4. When We Were Young - Lucy Schwartz
This song used to be the opening song for the TV show, Parenthood, a favorite of mine. It just makes me all sentimental and think back to the simple days of childhood.

5. I Want What You Have - Willamette Stone
I watched some of "If I Stay" (the version I was watching online didn't have the whole movie I guess since it just ended in the middle of a scene??) but I really liked this catchy song.

6. Blank Space - Taylor Swift
Yes, I'm one of those girls that loves T Swift. Yes I guess she's dramatic and a little crazy but the girl has sold millions of albums so obviously she's doing something right. Plus there's a Taylor Swift song for every situation. Her new album is pretty good (Speak Now will always be my favorite). Some other favorites are Clean, This Love, Style, Bad Blood, and I Know Places.


7. 'Til the Season Comes Round Again - Amy Grant
I grew up listening to Amy Grant during the holiday season. Sure we would listen to all the classics too, but whenever I hear Amy Grant, I think back to being bundled up in the car and listening to this. Or I think back to walking in from the bus, and the house would be warm from the fireplace and all the Christmas lights would be on as the sun would be setting (I didn't get off the bus until almost 4:20) and my mom would have warm cookies waiting for us. It sounds too dreamy to be true but my mom made the holidays so special and that's what is already making this holiday season hard.

8. Promise - Ben Howard
 Not much to say on this one. I just really loved Ben Howard.

9. Bravado - Lorde
This was in an episode of Grey's so yep, it doesn't get much better. Any music in Grey's is the best. Especially when it's Lorde.

10. Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Is an explanation even necessary? I CANNOT WAIT TO GO HOME!!! THREE MORE DAYS!!!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment