Halloween at college is something else. Especially when you go to a school widely known for it's partying. This whole week was just a ton an anticipation leading to the weekend. I began celebrating on Wednesday (wild, I know) and have truly enjoyed observing how insane these kids go.
Wednesday night was the night of the Young Life Halloween Party. It was at the Young Life House, which is on a beautiful piece of land. There was dancing, food, a bonfire, and pumpkin smashing. My costumes this year were extremely basic, but that's what happens when you go to college. I will certainly be more prepared next year and have a whole slew of costumes ready to go. I was Waldo, simple and easy. It was a ton of fun, especially getting down on the dance floor. Dances are one of the things I miss most about high school so I was so happy to be back in my element.
 |
| Mack the lumberjack, Steph the Greek goddess, and Waldo |
 |
| 10/10 would recommend axing pumpkins |
Thursday night was crazy on campus. That's when most people kicked off Halloweekend. Thirsty Thursday brings out crazy so the excitement of Halloween made things even more crazy. At about 10:30, Mackenzie, Mary, John, and I went on a driving adventure. Getting the keys to John's car was quite the ordeal and we were very close to not being able to drive anywhere but things took a change for the better and we were soon driving through the country. I always forget how there's a lot of farm land in Boulder. We settled on going to get some late night breakfast. We listened to music, which was so amazing because singing in the car is on my top five things I miss about home. Plus, Mary and John share the same taste in music as me and Mack so we were all very happy. The first IHOP we went to was closed, despite it saying on Google it was open 24/7. We decided to go to Village Inn. Surprise, that was also closed. Luckily, we found another IHOP close by that was for sure open 24/7. We got food and then drove back to Boulder, listening to Christmas music. By the time we got back, it was about 2am. Let's all just take a second to acknowledge how late I was out on a school night! I didn't end up falling asleep up 3, and had to be up at 7 because I had an 8am. That's college for ya!
 |
| This was a very popular tweet Friday morning. I could not agree more after Thursday's crazy night. Also I bet no one knows what movie this is from. MERMAIDS, one the best movies of all time. |
Friday was a crazy, crazy day. I had three classes and saw all sorts of costumes. Two of my professors dismissed us from class 20 minutes early so that was quite the plus. After a much needed nap, Mackenzie came over (holler for having my roommate go home this weekend!) and we got ready. For our first festivity, I was a lumberjack and Mackenzie was a robber. We went trick or treating around my residence hall with EB, Steph, and Melissa. Afterwards, Mackenzie and I met up with John, Mary, and Mary's sister. It was then Mack decided to change costumes and be Deb from Napoleon Dynamite. We went a party on the Hill and it was so much fun! The Hill is quite the place to be on Halloween, or any weekend honestly. It gets very busy and crazy and you see people from all walks of life. We left the party pretty late and came back to my room to hang out. Mackenzie and I ate candy and then finally crashed. It was a great first college Halloween!
 |
| Shannon wins most creative costume! She's a pot brownie hahaha! CU Boulder for ya |
 |
| I sure do love Shannon and Melissa |
 |
| Crazy crazy |
 |
| They're my favorites! |
 |
| This describes our friendship perfectly. |
 |
| John as Snape, Mack as Deb, and Mary as Michelle Duggar (HAHA!) |
I'm sure that Halloweekend will continue on Saturday, but I will be hanging out with girls from my floor making caramel apples and watching Christmas movies. We've had our fair share of partying;)
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment