"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Calling All the Single Ladies

I didn't intend to push my blog in a corner for almost a week, but life happened, and somethings got pushed on to the back burner.

About three weeks ago, Mackenzie and I made a plan to go see "Safe Haven" on Valentine's Day, but it blossomed into something much bigger. We obviously had thought to invite our other friends, but why not make it something bigger and better?!

We spent our off periods, lunch, and time after school constructing the perfect party, from everything to the food to the tags on the glasses. A week before Valentine's Day, we passed out these oh so cheesy but oh so cute invites, complete with a gift bag/box with candy hearts and tissues (aren't we hilarious?)


As the days got closer, the more excited we got! We went grocery shopping and decoration shopping and spent time making reminders and pinning cute ideas.

AND FINALLY, IT WAS THURSDAY! 
On Wednesday evening, we decorated almost all of the basement, prepped some of the food, and got everything as ready as possible. During lunch and 5th off on Thursday, we brought Jessica over to help and get all the last minute details done. After school, cakes were frosted, popcorn was made, flowers were put in vases, and our dresses were zipped. It was time for the best party ever!

Our "Welcome!" pose ;)

Heart-shaped fruit
Cake, candy, red peppers, red and white popcorn, pretzels, heart-shaped fruit


We got situated, ate some homemade pizza, and watched "The Notebook" before going to see "Safe Haven", my new favorite Sparks movie! It was so good, just go out and see it, it is so worth our time and money!
Kylee, Mackenzie, Amanda, and I (excuse the horrible movie theater quality pic)
Me and Amanda (aka my soul sister)
 On our way home, we made a caffeine stop at McDonald's for some sweet tea. But... my windows were frozen shut, so ordering through the drive-thru was a little difficult;) I'm pretty sure the worker didn't understand me when I said my windows were frozen shut, so just thought I was a lunatic teenage girl who didn't know that you don't get out of the car at the drive-thru.
Mack had to "Instagram dat joint";)
 When we got home, we talked and watched "A Walk to Remember"- kinda sorta, we all kept falling asleep and finally at 3am, called it a night.

It was so much fun, and definitely a success! Mack and I decided party planning is our back-up plan if our other career choices don't work out;)

Happy (late) Valentine's Day! I love all my blog readers!
xo
Hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment