A wise woman once said, "Do one thing everyday that scares you". That wise woman was Eleanor Roosevelt, who I believe encompasses the qualities every woman should. She was strong, brilliant, and did not let a man rule her life. She took charge of her own life, while also helping others.
Today, I took Eleanor's words to heart and tried out for a solo in choir today. Now something you have to know about me is that I loathe singing in front of other people alone. I love to sing, it's probably one of my favorite things to do, but I really hate singing in front of people by myself. But today, when our teacher said to stand up if we were going to try out, I jumped up. I had a million butterflies in my stomach, and was unsure about doing it, but I did. And 'advanced' on to the next round. Before I knew it, I was in front of the entire with no hesitations, and was feeling really good about myself. It was one of those moments where I realized, oh, wow, I'm not actually a horrible singer! I'm in the final four! Holy shoot is this happening? And then it was me and Ali, the other girl trying out for the solo. I didn't even have any more nerves, it wasn't bad at all to sing in front of the others. I was beyond proud of myself for doing what I didn't think I ever would or could do.
Ali got the solo. And you know what? I wasn't even horribly disappointed. I mean, if I got, I would be ecstatic. But in that moment, I was so high on adrenaline and pride because I had made it as far as I did, I wasn't even sad. I felt instantly that I could sing in front of my choir alone, at any time, something I have never felt. I did something that scared me, I stepped out of my comfort zone, and look what happened... the magic.
xo
Hannah

So proud of you xx
ReplyDelete