“I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas: It brings people together while time stands still. Cozy couples lazily meandered the streets and children trudged sleds and chased snowballs. No one seemed to be in a rush to experience anything other than the glory of the day, with each other, whenever and however it happened.” -Rachel Cohn
It's the one thing that we can predict with Colorado's unpredictable weather- spring snow. Usually in March, sometimes in April, and occasionally in May.
Yesterday a mini blizzard stopped our Mondays. The sky was heavy, dense with snow clouds. In the morning, the grass and leaves had been whispered to by frost. It snowed lightly, but had stopped by 11. And by 1, a little bizzard had set in. Thick flakes fell, and sports were cancelled, and every kid was thinking of the joys a possible snow day would bring.
Tennis was cancelled (this season has been put to hault because of the snow). We had a quick meeting, and then I ran out to my car. By the time I got there, in less than two minutes time, I was wet and covered in flakes.
I could sit here and lament about how much I hate the snow, and how I wish it was warm out so I could wear cute sandals and not have to dress in layers, and we could play tennis without matches being cancelled and how I just want summer. But summer will be here soon, and will last. Winter, with snow, however, is not as common. Sometimes we get lots of snow, other years we get hardly any (like this year). So while the spring snow is here, possibly the last bit of snow we will see until October or November, I'll just grin and bare it. Because snow is one of the prettiest things ever. It's whim, lightness, and power.
And of course, the snow gave me the chance to reminisce of my favorite day in the whole wide world that is 253 days away;)
| I love anything that gives me a chance to listen to my favorite kind of music |
| And drink out of one of my Christmas mugs;) |
| The scariest place in the world when it snows... near Mack's house. It looks like the path just drops off and world ends |
xo
Hannah
PS- to my wonderful commenters "Genevieve" and "Patty", the birthday post for 'that dime of a girl, Riley' will be up sooner or later. I mean, I could post something quick and generic, but I think I need adequate time to sum up the best birthday wishes for her, she's got a pretty big personality! So I mean, I guess if you want the easy one, it can be up in less than a minute, but I'll leave the decision up to you
No comments:
Post a Comment