"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
About
Monday, April 22, 2013
What I've Learned
I didn't mean to not blog for almost a week. I started writing different posts on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, but none seemed to get published. whoops.
That's what I've learned about blogging. Writing is hard. Finding your voice is no cake walk, and there's plenty of times when you just don't know what to say.
I have probably 45 drafts of posts I've started, but gave up on halfway through because I just wasn't feeling it. I feel like I have a great idea, but slowly I start to ramble and what I'm writing turns out to be as dry as cardboard.
When you write a really good post, there's no comparable feeling. Accomplishment, lightness, relief. I love writing a post that I know people will read and laugh, or think about, or flat out enjoy. I don't write to please people though, I write to please me.
It's therapeutic, and is the best way to get things off your chest. And what's the best about blogging is there aren't any rules to follow! It's YOU. You can use all the bad grammar and crummy language you want. There's no thesis, or grouping documents, or rules against contractions. Heck, you don't even have to use capital letters if you don't want. I just love the fact that I can start and end paragraphs where ever I want.
But why do I blog? It's a ongoing question in my head with a million different answers, something new each time I think of it.
I remember the Tuesday in May I started this little baby up. I had began to really give some thought into it for about a week as I had come to really love blogs, and the idea of blogging. It seemed like a great way to 'journal' in some form, and one way to share my favorite life moments to whoever may stumble upon them. I've always loved to write, and this way, I am the boss of my own writing, with no rules as to what I have to say or do, just write whatever I want to write about. I thought it out, set up my Blogger account and the rest is history
There's not a lot of teenage bloggers out there who blog (there's Tumblr bloggers but those are very different! It's an extremely different format). I could stop, and wait to be a blogger when I'm in my twenties like most women, but why should I wait? Blogging is something I truly enjoy. I love to read comments (they are my FAVORITE!), look at who's reading from where in the world, and when my friend's bring up a post. Blogging is a constant in my life that helps to keep me balanced.
I blog to remember the best and worst. I feel like this point in my life is the time of so much. High school is supposed to be one of the greatest parts of your life right? I hope that I can preserve some of the best memories with my family and friends, so one day, twenty years from now, they can type in my url, and search through the archives for a favorite, fun moment.
Why do we lay it all out there as bloggers? Why do we care to share our stories, our pictures, our life? One of my all-time favorite bloggers, Bonnie, from Life of Bon, was lucky enough to meet her blogging ideal, C. Jane, and came away with (and shared) some wise, wise words.
"Give, give, give--what is the point of having experience, knowledge or talent if I don't give it away? Of having stories if I don't tell them to others? Of having wealth if I don't share it? I don't intend to be cremated with any of it! It is in giving that I connect with others, the world and with the divine."
With blogging, the number one thing I'm learning is that you cannot fail. It's about finding yourself through your thoughts and words.
I don't blog to get a million hits everyday. Honestly, I just love to share. As C. Jane put it, why not share what you have? Her words now resonate through my head as I write down my blog planning list. What do I have to give?
I've found my little corner of the Internet, my niche, through this blog. To me it certainly doesn't matter who reads this, or there comments, because there's an agape love for this blog of mine.
xo
Hannah
PS-BF5eva did ya get my agape reference? <3 you all.
PPS- this so was a profound post that I feel accomplished writing, in case you were all wondering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PPPS- Riley is my favorite and she is the definition of perfect
ReplyDelete