"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Day I Did What I Never Thought I Would

***DISCLAIMER- I have been trying to post this for a few days now, but pictures will not load on Blogger and I didn't want to post it until I could put up pictures. So for now, no pictures but I will add them as soon as Blogger quits being in such a funk!***

That title sure is a mouthful, isn't it?

Thursday was the day I did the unthinkable. The unbelievable. The thing I thought I would never do.

I got a spray tan.

I can now officially classify myself as a little bit shallower, and I now have some common ground with a lot of the girls at my school;)

It was one of those things that you just have to do at least once in your life, and now that I've done it, I can see why some girls don't know when to stop!

Let's rewind. At the last tennis match of the season, my amazing partner, Jordan, asked if I wanted to go get a spray tan with her the next day. This was the perfect opportunity to embrace being a 17-year old and just go for it.

That night, I searched the web like a maniac finding out all the info I could ever need to know about pre/post spray tanning. I was not going to let it turn out blotchy and orange.

Thursday after school, Jordan and I met up and made an appointment with the bleach blonde, orange skinned 20-something year old and waited for our turn to get the gorgeous glow.

Jordan went first, and I followed soon after. She told me exactly what to do, as she was a spray tan veteran.  I went back to the little room, where I stripped down to nothing. Yeah, I really hate being naked and I was nervous as heck. What a great combo. I rubbed that dang blending lotion all over my feet and hands, and hoped and prayed my skin was exfoliated enough.

Then came the worst part. I stood in the machine, and put my feet in the right places and held my hand in front of the sensor, as the instructions said to. For almost 10 minutes, that felt like 10 million years, I stood there, trying to figure out the stupid thing. Finally the Barbie who worked there asked if I could start my tan. UM HOW?!?! I wrapped myself in the robe that probably 400 other naked people had touched so she could show me how to start it. Well turns out there was a nice little start button, hidden of course.

Then from top to bottom, I was sprayed. And there is no way to describe that awkwardness. So let's move on.

The tan soaked in and I was practically black the next morning (ahahahaha a black ginger, that's hilarious!) It faded and now, I'm not going to lie, I love it. I may be a new tan-aholic. Just kidding:)

xo
Hannah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment