"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
-Nelson Mandela
I got home from my adventure yesterday at 8. We had to make a mandatory stop at Red Robin for a good ol' American burger, fries, and shake, and swing by the grocery store to grab Captain Crunch that I had been craving. I unpacked, which was relatively easy considering everything needed to be washed because of how disgusting and sour everything smelled. God bless the USA for laundry.
I am now uploading the 2,000 pictures and videos I took to my computer, go through the my inbox of 238 emails, and ease myself into the time zone.
To say Europe changed me sounds dramatic, but it did. It exposed me to everything from strange food to new relationships. I'll be honest, before the trip, I thought I disliked about 95% of the kids going. I was pretty set in my thoughts. But the trip made me realize I actually love all the people I went with. Sure, we're different with some things but we're all just teenagers trying to figure out our place and purpose in the world, and have a good time. I already miss them all terribly and it's really weird not having them around, as well not having a set schedule of tours and such. Today's tour will be of the local swimming pool, versus the most breathtaking cathedrals and castles. Because of the trip, I can see the world with a little more perspective.
I can't wait to share it all with you! my plan is to do a post of every day we were there, and a few more on tips on traveling to Europe, favorite experiences, etc. I already have post-Europe depression. Being home is bittersweet.
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment