"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."
Isn't that the truth? There is something about fall that has always made it one of my favorite things in life. Life does start all over, we shed our summer skins and there's a new mentality. School is routine, the holidays are approaching, a new happiness infects us all.
Maybe it's the autumn fog that is forever present, especially early in the morning. I love walking in to school around 9am, and seeing the layer of fog that makes everything a little hazy. The bowl that makes up our soccer fields gathers it nicely, as it skims around it like the steam coming off of hot soup. The coolness in the air and flickering sun creates the perfect temperature for layering clothes, a personal favorite of mine. Button downs, sweaters, scarves, and boots become my wardrobe staples for these 50° days.
Then there's the colors. Living in Colorado sure has its perks when it comes to fall. The colors are amazing and vibrant. It's hard to not want to photograph everything. It's not just the leaves though, but also the fall sunsets and sunrises. They too are made up of majestic reds, oranges, purples, and pinks.
I love coming in to my house in the evening with the fire on, warming the house from the bottom up. Coats are making their appearance again, along with hats, scarves, and gloves for football games. Pumpkin is the main ingredient in everything- pumpkin waffles, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin spice coffee. Our house smells absolutely divine, a mixture of spices, pumpkin, apple, and the leaves outside.
All this love for the seasons has made me realize how important it is to me to live somewhere with these seasons. This past week, I've been filling out college applications like it's my job (well it sort of actually is) and all the places I'm applying to have the splendid four seasons. I just could not go somewhere that is summer all the time. I'm a girl who loves the cool fall air, cold snow, drab rain, and the sun.
We went on a hike on Sunday and I got some pictures that don't even do justice to show how beautiful this state really is. It was so fun to step on the crunchy leaves, with the sun shining, but a crisp breeze cooling everything down with my cousins and siblings running ahead. Dillon said that the hike was "longer than Epcot" and also told us he was going to pass out because he had to go to the bathroom. There's always free entertainment with that kid.
| i'm going to miss him next year |
| //love where you live// |
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment