1. When I was in second grade, I wanted to be Anne Frank for Halloween. I thought she was such an inspiration and did not see how dressing up as her would be bad. Oh Hannah.
2. My favorite toy ever was my Barbie Jeep.
3. I baptized every single baby doll of mine, and a few stuffed animals. Just call me Father Hannah.
4. My siblings and I would play communion all the time. We would fill a wine glass with water and take turns giving each other the 'wine' and then wipe off where we drank. It was so much fun.
5. We also once tied rope from the banister and attached a small plastic chair to it and would pull each other up and down on it, swinging a few feet above the ground. My mom had the flu and had fallen asleep, so when she woke up to my sister (who was 3 at the time) three feet off the ground in a plastic chair, tied to it with two attached shoelaces, and only a sleeping bag underneath her, she was just a little mad;)
6. My love language is giving gifts. It's how I show those I love I love them. When someone I know needs some love, I just love to go find something or make something for them and then give them a note with it. I know when I need some love, it means the world to me when someone brings me something to brighten my day, so I like to do the same for others.
7. I have the names of my children planned. All I can say is I hope my husband loves them because I love them and really don't want to change them.
8. I have a really hard time not having a plan. And I totally admit it. I just like to know what's going on, when it's going on, how it's going on, etc. It is very difficult for me to give up control, but there are times where I can and I occasionally realize how okay that can be.
9. I am going to miss my family so much when I go to college next year. It's hard for me to comprehend that in one year, I won't be living in the same house, sleeping in the same room, living with the same people I have been for 17 years.
10. And let's not even get started on how much I will miss my friends.
11. I don't get in trouble a lot at home, but when I do, it's because of my tone. Sorry, I can't help that I'm sassy and honest!
12. I love to stay in my pajamas all day, but I also love to put on a cute outfit and be ready to face anything.
13. Watching movies is sometimes depressing for me. I have a tendency to get so wound up in the story and so attached to the characters that when it's over, I feel like a piece of me is being taken away. Oh how I wish so many movies were my life.
14. I am really really bad about going to bed early. I am such a night owl. There is plenty of times where I could totally go to bed at a decent hour (before 10 or 11pm) but I end staying up till the wee morning hours, doing completely useless tasks. But that's also when I come up with millions of blog ideas. I have drafts and drafts and drafts of posts that I started writing at 1am.
15. I loathe white tennis shoes. They look fine on other people but you will find me dead before you find me wearing a pair of white tennis shoes. They're too sterile for me.
16. I have issues with the color pink. It's hard for me to love. I only like very specific shades, so if in doubt, do not buy me anything pink.
17. I have a strong personality. I guess this goes hand in hand with being controlling, but so be it. I know some people have a hard time with this, but one thing I've learned since being in high school is that I am not changing for anyone. Sorry Charlie, but I'm only interested in being 100% me!
18. At least once a week, there is a major dancing/singing party in my room. It's been this way forever. I used to put on concerts for my family, complete with posters around the house and tickets to get in, but those ended;)
19. If I got a tattoo, it would probably just say Christmas. Because Christmas is the best thing ever and I love it more than I love my family. (I kid, I kid... a little)
20. Since I was little, I've had big plans for this life of mine. In elementary, I was going to save the whales. So, I adopted a whale through the Pacific Whale Foundation. In middle school, I was going to find the cure for cancer. So, I donated my hair to make wigs. Little steps to help the greater issue. Now, there's so much I'm going to do. The whole world's right in front of me, just waiting for me and the impact I'm going to make.
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment