| its been real guys //ps my teeth arent that yellow, its just awful lighting |
My Last Supper last night was white chicken enchiladas and guacamole, followed by apples dipped in caramel. I went to be at like 10pm- I was sort of anxious and just wanted to get to the morning.
This morning I woke up and it probably the first time in my life I actually was hungry for breakfast right when I woke up. You always want what you can't have, right? On the way to the oral surgeon, my dad tortured me and got himself some Starbucks. What a devil. After a quick wait, it was time for my mouth to be cut up.
The nurse lady called my name and practically pushed me into the room. I barely had my sweatshirt over my head when they were pushing me into the chair. I asked to keep my teeth and they were putting my IV in. The doctor, who is a very friendly and funny guy, said they were going to give me three kinds of medicines; the first would make my butt itch, the second would be a steroid to reduce the swelling, and the third was "margaritas" to make me very happy. I thought he was joking about my butt itching, but a few seconds later, it was and my gosh that was awful. But it lasted for maybe 5 seconds and I was out.
Suddenly, I was awake and being choked by some bloody gauze. I was moved from the chair to the wheelchair, and wheeled to the car. Unfortunately, I wasn't funny after my anesthesia. I was just disoriented. My dad drove to Sonic to get me a cranberry slush (that's all that sounded good), some water, and a banana shake. On the way there, I started crying because my tongue was dry and felt like a cat's tongue. Video to come on that!
Then the infinity naps began, as I like to call them. I was watching The Office, and would fall asleep for what felt like 100 hours, but then I would wake up and it was still the same episode playing. Vicodin makes you feel crazy. After my first infinity nap, the scariest thing happened. I was trying to wake up, but my body wouldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes or move my head, arms, legs, or mouth. I had to use all my strength to open my eyes, which sounds crazy, but I'm on Vicodin right now so it's all crazy.
I woke up to the sound of something hitting my window. I thought nothing of it and was going back to sleep when suddenly Riley, Sierra, and Jessica appeared! They broke into my house. They stayed for a while and then I went back to sleep. The rest of the afternoon consisted of infinity naps and The Office. Plus icing with my super cool homemade sock ice pack. I'm not very swollen yet, but we'll see how long that lasts.
So here's some of the worst pictures of me in the history of the world. I don't remember half of them being taken haha
| right after they gave me anesthesia |
| after i guess? |
| all time fave! i have no memory of this being taken |
| i may or may not being flipping off my dad in this picture |
xo
Hannah
Yeah, you’re hilarious! You don’t need those wisdom tooth since you already have that smart mouth. You even have the wit to pile your extracted wisdom teeth and take a photo of it. Haha! Were you planning to keep them? Well, they’ll surely make a good memento of that particular day in your life. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteKaren Perry @ Brookside Smiles
You’re so funny, Hannah! You're such a brave lady to face the extraction of not just 1 but 4 wisdom teeth fearlessly and all in one session! Well, those teeth can be kept as proof and remembrance when you share your experience to your future family. Haha! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteEunice Greer @ Downtown Dental SC
Glad your removal went well, and happy to see your wit is still very much intact! Enjoy a few days on soft foods as this is the prefect excuse for eating lots of ice cream and chocolate pudding. Your homemade sock ice pack is a great idea! We wish you a speedy recovery and a lifetime of healthy teeth.
ReplyDeleteSylvester Mckenzie @ Cody Dental