"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Behind the Name

This post was inspired by the lovely, concussed Jess. Read her blog over here!


I'm pretty happy to say that I've always really loved my name. In elementary school, there was only one other Hannah at the most in the school, but there was never any in my grade. I always felt bad for the kids who had to write their first AND last name on any work. Lol because we know always have to do that. And it's been on the top 25 names for baby girl names for a while now, so that's cool I guess. Oh, and it's a palindrome. That was my favorite thing to tell people when I was little- they usually didn't even know what that was as a 7-year old had to explain. Anyways, I've just always liked it, I don't really know how to explain it.

My favorite thing to do is look up the meanings of names. According to babycenter.com, the origin of the name Hannah is Hebrew, and the meaning is "grace of God; favour". That's pretty I suppose, I can live with that. My mom's name, Marianne, means "sea of bitterness" and whenever she's mad, I love to remind her of that;)

So anyways, Jess blogged about what she would name her kids and how she spent an hour looking them up and stuff. I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing. It's one of my favorite past times actually. I want four to six children (I love big families) so here's what yours truly will be naming her children.

Girls
Ella Margaret (after my great grandma Eleanor and grandma Margaret)
Piper Jane (must be a redhead spitfire with this name)
Mia Cordelia (one meaning of Cordelia is "heart" so if I'm a heart surgeon, it's only appropriate)
Charlotte Adelaide (total old soul)
Grace Cecilia (after my great grandma Cecilia)
Maura Felicity (Maura as a variation of Mary after one other great grandma)

Boys
Charlie Marvin (This has to be the cutest name in the world. Just imagine a little boy who can't pronounce their r's saying it. I die. Plus Marvin, after mi padre)
Noah James
William Marvin 
Henry Joseph
Samson James
Oliver Cromwell (lol at my AP Euro humor) 


I obviously like more old fashioned names. And middle names that have family significance. Girl names are definitely my jam. I feel like there's 10,000 more girl names than boy names. Or at least it seems like there's more variety. I'm really only set on Charlie Marvin and the three other first names for boys. The girls are perfect and done for me though. Sorry for future husband, it's highly unlikely that these names will be changing so I hope you love them.

What's the meaning of your name? Better yet, what are you going to name your kids? Comment pls.

xo
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment