This year, I got to celebrate home coming (read as homecoming). It was the high school's homecoming but for me that meant coming home! I was really excited to go home this past weekend because well, it had been a long time and I wanted to see Liv get to experience her first homecoming weekend.
My bags were packed and my dad was waiting for me back at my hall by the time I got out of class on Friday. We dealt with stupid traffic on the way, and by the time we got home, it was time to get over to the stadium to tailgate for the football game. I threw on a TR t-shirt and we were off again. I got to eat some chili, visit with parents, and then it was time for the game.
This year, the homecoming game was against Vista, our absolute biggest rivals. Honestly, I don't think I will ever hate CSU more than I hate Vista. I saw this thing on Twitter that a TR alum said and man was it true: "You grow up, you graduate, you go to college, you move on- but you never stop hating Vista". Amen! Anyways though, let's just say that our high school is having a bit of a growing year in football. They went from winning every game and being in the state semifinals toooo losing every game. Yikes. The thing is, Vista has never been good at football. In fact, we beat them 14 years in a row. But this year, they knew we were struggling and took advantage of the opportunity to come back and beat us. It was an extremely intense (I've never yelled and cheered so much!) and we were tied until the last 3 minutes, but then we lost possession of the ball and they scored one last touchdown:/ It was sad and disappointing but TR really showed such class in their defeat. I'm proud to be a forever Grizzly. Olivia performed wonderfully at the half time show though, I must add!
 |
| Proud Poms sister |
Later than evening, Isabel, Ains, Mack, Liv, and I went to Sonic, and then took over the town and had a ton of laughs. I love my sisters, biological and adopted. <3
The next day was the big day- Olivia's first high school dance. Personally, I loved every single high school dance and always had a blast (fun fact- senior year, I was going so hard on the dance floor that people thought I was drunk. I wasn't- I was just having the time of my life). My baby sister isn't a baby anymore! I helped her get all accessorized and couldn't help but laugh because she looked just like me at my freshman homecoming. She will tell you that she doesn't but I'm sure you'll think otherwise;)
 |
| Her best furry friend |
 |
| Most of the girls she went with |
 |
| Jumping pictures are never easy |
 |
| These two have been best friends since birth |
 |
| No words |
 |
| Someone was sad she had to go inside |
 |
| Pretty pretty poms |
 |
| Hahahaha |
 |
| Hmm, don't our dresses and hair look similar?? |
While she was dancing the night away, I got to see Riley!!! And Mackenzie!!! (wow we never get to see each other!!) We decided to hit up Sonic again but their slush machine was broken?!! This is the not the first time this has happened and good lord was I upset. The primary reason Mack and I go to Sonic is for the slushes! We were still craving something icy so we went to Taco Bell to get Baja Blast Freezes. We talked and then we went to spy on high schoolers leaving the dance. We were then invited to Village Inn by Isabel and Olivia so we sat and observed the homecoming groups there and then the five of us all talked and it was such fun.
 |
| We took a lot of selfies |
 |
| Reliving the glory days;) |
Early that next morning, Liv, Mom, and I did the Race for the Cure. We were up at the crack of dawn after two very late nights. However, breast cancer is a cause that I hold very close to my heart as my grandma fought it, as well as most of her sisters, and several other important women in my life. After the race, we got a yummy brunch at Egg & I and then went home to take naps. I ended up staying home pretty late and didn't get back to Boulder until 9:45. It was really hard to leave home this time because my favorite season (fall/winter/holidays) is starting and it was my mom that made me really love it all. She always made it very special with decorations, yummy treats, wonderful smelling candles and wall plug-ins, and an overall spirit. The first thing I did after she left (besides wipe away a few tears) was plug in my Autumn Wallflower. It's sort of like home, but nothing will ever replace the real deal.

I'm definitely still recovering from the busyness of it all but it was well worth the exhaustion. There truly is no place like home. :)
xo
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment