"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, October 27, 2014

Thick as Thieves

There's about eight thousand one quotes out there about sisters and how wonderful sisterhood is and while I could quote them all, I will spare you the cliches and just give you my little shpeel.

Ever since I can remember, I wanted a sister. Sorry to Brandon, because brothers are great, but I think every little girl longs for that other little girl to dress all matchy with and play dolls with. The day my sister was born is one I will never forget. I won't get all sentimental, but boy was I happy when they said it was a girl baby! From day one, she was my little doll, even though she may not have liked that too much. But now she's 14, in high school, and growing up into one of the funniest people I know.
Always a little mother

Well anyways, it turns out that I don't just have one sister, but I have three other sisters. Sure, it may  not be sisterhood by blood, but the bond I have with these girls is one like sisters. Good ol' Mack is like a sister (amongst being a best friend) along with Ains. And then of course there is Isabel. The five of us make up a crazy little group who know how to wreck havoc and have a grand time. We fight, laugh, and make some grand memories.

Two weeks ago before seeing Katie Herzig in concert, I was listening to all her music on Spotify. I heard a song, Thick as Thieves, from her latest album that I hadn't listened to in a long time and it left quite the impression on me. It was something beautiful. I felt a sort of magic and instantly knew this song had a lot more in store for it.


The lyrics really stuck with me, especially these lines:

My love hold me to your side
My love just like the first time
Hold on hold me through the mourning
Hold on harder than I'm falling

I really love the idiom thick as thieves to describe sisters because we are close and tight knit and plus I just like how it sounds;) But in all actuality, I know for a fact that these girls would do anything for me. If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us. And it ain't going to be pretty.

I had an idea, shared it with Mack, and from there it blossomed into a project. We alerted the little sister (haha I love calling them that) and told them to clear their schedules at sunset on Saturday. We all got ready and went out to a beautiful field right off a walking path. From there, we took some stunning pictures and this video was born. It's definitely more on the cheesy side, but I know that in a few years, I'll look back and be real happy I have it. Heck, it made me cry this morning because I miss them so much. 

 Here's 2 pictures of the hundreds (I'll share more once I get them from Mack's memory card)

We are so cute oh my gosh





Then, of course there is the real side of video making. But I think I will cherish this video just as much.




Sisterhood sure is a special thing.
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment