"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Best Friend Appreciation Post

While I'm still looking for the love of my life, I know I have found my soul mate.
 There tends to be a lot of judgement when people find out Mackenzie and I both go to CU. They think we chose to go here because the other was. They assume we share a room. They assume we are together every second of the day. While the last one is partly true, the rest is not. Mack and I both independently chose to go to CU. We were both highly considering going out of state, to opposites sides of the country. But in the end, our paths continued together to Boulder.

Let me tell you, it has been the biggest blessing to have her here with me. We have been able to grow individually, but always have one another if need be. Our friendship is stronger than ever and we are basically telepathic now. Some of our friends compared us to an old married couple and I couldn't think of a better analogy. She has seen me at my worst, sobbing (in her bed) and cursing the world, and has been there for my best, jumping around, dancing, celebrating, and cherishing the moment with me. She always knows my current favorite song, my favorite sauce to dip everything in, and how I like my coffee. She's seen me melt into a puddle of emotions and doesn't think anything less of me (or at least I hope). She listens to my crazy ideas, daydreams, and hopes for the future. She gives me pep talks when I need them, and will tell me when I need to shut up. She knows things about me before I even do.

She's my person.

I can't imagine this semester without her. How lucky I am to have a best friend who I not only got to experience high school with, but college as well. I cannot and do not want to imagine the day where she won't be a ten-minute bike ride away.

A special thanks for the pre-finals Starbucks and chocolate last night, and doing all of the Christmas party food shopping today.

Thanks for being the best of the best, Mack. Love you to Sonic and back a hundred times.

xo
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. You are THE best of the best Hannah. I love this and you so much and have no idea where I'd be if you hadn't been by my side this semester. Thanks for listening to all my problems, and dealing with me when I get all red-chested and flustered ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I never realized how perfect that song is for us!

    ReplyDelete