"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, December 15, 2014

The Home Stretch

Happy Monday! Finals week is upon us and stress levels are rising! In college, finals are a massive deal. Or at least that's how they're made out to be. I think they should be doable and actually just want to get them done right away... since getting them done means going home!!! I cannot wait to go home for a break. I may love it here, but there's no place like home. Especially for the holidays (cue Perry Como).  I am so excited to see my mom, Thursday morning, at 10am, as we load up the car and go home!

Crazy good times with these ladies
Friday was the last day of classes!  Time flew by guys. I remember when I couldn't believe I had been in school for 4 weeks... now I can't believe I am done with all my first semester classes! Some friends and I went to an ugly sweater party and there was some great dance music. Homecoming Hannah made an appearance, which is always great;) It was great to dance out some of the stress of finals week. I didn't stay too long because I needed to get back and do some studying but it was a fun time!

Love my little Olive
On Saturday, I went to Olivia's state poms competition. I told my mom I wouldn't be able to come, but let my grandparents know that I WAS going to go and they should pick me up but not tell my mom. She sure was surprised to see me! The competition was hot, stuffy, but fun. I squeezed in looking at notes whenever I could, but also enjoyed the time as a study break. O's team ended up getting 3rd place, which was fantastic! I am so proud of her! She puts so much hard work into everything she does and I couldn't be more amazed.

The amazing photo stream creator
Sunday was so much studying. It started with a nice long brunch with some friends, so that was nice. But then I did some intense studying. My bio TA did a review session from 4:30 to 7, which helped. Christine and I snacked on Goldfish and made the best of the boring time. After dinner, I came back and did more studying. Obviously life is exciting during finals week. But my floor did start a photo stream and we have had way too much fun using it to procastinate.

I don't have any finals today so I will be doing lots and lots of studying. I will probably start packing too because I am too darn excited to bust out of Boulder and go home for Christmas!

This week is going to be crazy. I have a final Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Our Christmas party is Friday, Saturday we leave to go to my grandpa's for the weekend to celebrate Christmas. There's a lot to be done in a short amount of time, but I'm so excited for all of it I'm not even crazy stressed! The holiday season is in full swing!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment