"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, March 9, 2015

#Blessed

Sentiment is dominating my posts lately, but I promise myself that's a good thing because I know I will be so happy to look back on it all one day.

Saturday night was one of those really great nights, one that was filled with laughs and talking and the stuff you will never forget. I was so looking forward to the evening and it went above and beyond all my expectations.

My residence hall puts on an annual spring formal and you better believe I was excited beyond measure when I got the email about it back in December. Dances are my thing, my favorite way to go crazy and just forget about the realities and responsibilities of life. With my best friends by my side, a comfortable dress, and some great music, there is no way the night could go wrong.

We started the evening early on, curling our hair and carefully putting on fancy makeup and listening to some good music. It would not really be a Smith South Third occasion if dinner was not at Beau Jo's, so of course we crossed the street over to stuff our mouths with heavenly, honey-soaked pizza. We were all starving and pretty hangry. All we could talk about was food and how much we loved breakfast food and how our pizza was taking forever and a day to come out. You would have thought we were told we were going to Disney World when our pizza finally came out. We ate and talked and ate and talked until we were sufficiently full. Em, Mack, and I were in the need of caffiene so we swung by Starbucks on the way back and got some chai tea lattes. We returned back to Smith, put on our fancy dresses, took tons of pictures, and went to dance the night away.
Love them
Thanks for dealing with us and all our estrogen, Joe!
Locker buddies for life
SO much love for these best friends of mine!

Between tearing it up on the disco light up dance floor and indulging in chocolate-covered strawberries, we took some pictures in the photobooth. They are my favorite pictures ever.






Smith South Third

Paula Abdul style

This is actually so terrifying, I love it.


The strips of these are hanging up on my chalkboard, but when I saw them up close and big on my computer, I felt so much happiness. These girls are the best. They are the reason I love life so much. They know when something is wrong, and when something is right. We are sisters. The memories I have made with them this past year are so big and wonderful and amazing, they take up so much of my heart.

After the dance, we went back and talked in Mel's room until we realized the night had gotten away from us and the sun would be rising very soon. We laughed and laughed and laughed, and our exhaustion got the best, but time is something you never get back. I can always catch up on sleep- I won't always live across the hall from my best friends. I feel like we will never have enough time together, dissecting life and sharing our fears and hopes and tears.

#Blessed is pretty cliche but oh, I am. I am so, so, so #BLESSED!!!! Last night, a few of us were in a study room, sorta studying, mostly chatting. Em, Mel, and Mack were talking about all these political science classes they want to take (no thank you!) and it just made me so dang happy to listen to them and see how excited they got about things like "Comparative Politics" and "U.S. Campaigns and Elections". There is not a bone in my body that wants to take those classes, but their passion for what they want to do is thrilling. I understand it- I want to take all the IPHY classes the course catalog shows! There is such peace within me right now. These girls are going to be here with me for the rest of time and I am so blessed to have met them and formed such a strong bond.

Many more memories lie before us and I can't wait. Life is sticky with sweetness right now, and I so love it.



xo
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I almost cried while reading this and definitely got goosebumps...not entirely sure why, #hormones I guess. I just love us so much!!!

    ReplyDelete